Show "Bicycle"

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
On the camping trip, we returned to a spot we visited last year. There's a 5 mile downhill MTB trail there, that I was SMITTEN with last year. I convinced the wife I could ride it slooooowly 1-armed and not kill myself. It was tricky, especially getting over a downed tree. But I did it, and it was amazing again. Very smooth and flowy, relatively easy but if you don't ride the brakes you can be doing 25 mph easy, which I did NOT do, of course. "No getting hurt allowed."

View attachment 260008

View attachment 260009

Be careful, you don't want to hurt your only good arm! 😮 😁

That trail looks fun! I need to bring our bikes on the next Oregon trip we do as a family!

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Today I decided to ride the chunky stuff on my gravel bike!

An old relay station by JPL:
gravel_ride.jpg

On the bottom of a small canyon:
DSC_3802.jpg

Riding over baby head-sized rocks:
DSC_3833.jpg

Don't worry I didn't fall off a steep flood control wall:
DSC_3822.jpg

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
It has been hot and very humid all week, so I've limited myself to short jaunts around the neighborhood during light rain showers when the temp is bearable. I was planning a longer outing tomorrow, but the forecast calls for (drum roll) hot, humid, and T-storms. :(

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
Temps are hitting the 90's here, so I've been riding in the early evening. It's okay, golden hour is best for photo ops! :D

View attachment 261059
Other than a few brief forays in light rain and sessions on the indoor bike, I didn't do much riding over the past 7 days. When it wasn't raining, it's been hot and incredibly humid. Not a good combination for outdoor activities, at least for this old goat.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom