Show "Bicycle"

My 2 road and gravel steeds!

JSF06492.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JSF06416.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@Jonathan, whats the difference between the bikes? I assume the first one has a little more cushion in the ride from the curvy frame.
I'm strictly a roadie and am happy to have lots of local bike lanes and a long paved seawall to ride.

Actually the top bike is my road bike. It's geared higher with a larger front crank, skinny slicks and more weight reduction. The bottom bike is my gravel bike, it's geared lower with smaller front crank, supple wide tires and bigger cassette.

My road bike is the only way I can keep up with fast LA road groups and climb quickly up the paved fire roads. My gravel bike can climb all the local mountains, covering all but the most rugged MTB trails while still being road capable for long distances and comfort.

I actually have another road bike frame coming that weighs even less and I plan to build that as soon as it arrives!

New bike day yesterday! I have a few bikes but no "regular" bike, thought it was time for a regular bike with fenders and stuff for this winter. Have kited it here for a touring tomorrow about +500 km, hope it will hold together, wish me luck :)

View attachment 341738
Yeah, what doobs said. I'd be worrying about me holding together if I tried riding 500 km in a day . . . or a week, for that matter.

Back