Show "Bicycle"

Out on the trails a bit today. Adding some small rear bags soon.
i-w36M6Tt-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
The beast on this morning's 8.5 mile waterfall trek. I can now check "I pedaled my bike from the bottom of the New River Gorge to the top" off my list. The Ansted Rail Trail used to be a narrow gauge railway carrying coal from the lake at the bottom of the canyon up to the town of Ansted on top. I don't know what the grade is, but I've never been able to pedal all the way up before. It wasn't easy, and I did stop a few times for brief breaks to refresh my legs, but I never caved.

P1020930D.JPG

33062373748_a2fd384d33_o.jpg
The leader of the cyclists - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-04 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The previous night we had shared the gites at Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas with a very friendly group of French cyclists who where riding some of the Chemin de Stevenson [GR70]. They passed us a few kilometres out of Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas on a nice riding section of the trial.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

33083526928_bdfe870052_o.jpg
The cyclists - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-05 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The previous night we had shared the gites at Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas with a very friendly group of French cyclists who where riding some of the Chemin de Stevenson [GR70]. They passed us a few kilometres out of Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas on a nice riding section of the trial.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back