Show "Bicycle"

erste-fahrt-in-2020-6d2cadd4-c02d-4a33-8846-262d213ecfb6.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How are you getting along with that Jones H bar, Tony?
I like it, although I don't think it's a miracle bar. I like the way its spread isn't so wide, and it lets me be in a more upright position when I want. I sold my 29+ bike recently, and its bar had a huge 760mm spread with very little sweep. I ended up with really achy neck and shoulder muscles when I rode that one more than 6 or 7 miles. That's what led me to get the Jones bar in the first place, then I swapped it back to the original when I sold it and kept the Jones bar.

I've loved the Velo Orange "Postino" bar on my old hardtail Fisher Mt. Tam. Same angle of sweep, but narrower and a little closer back towards you. Narrower is fine for me, I'm small, and I have no desire to bike with my arms splayed out to the sides.

Hello cycling friends. I may have mentioned a time or two that GAS comes in many forms. I've been trolling about for bike frames, and decided to grab one that interested me from the great big auction site. The price was right, but it was listed as a Thomson frame, and I don't think it is. It also has a Kona decal. I sent the pic to both companies, and they both said it wasn't one of theirs.

It is steel, accommodates 27.5/650B hardware, and fits both canti and disc brakes. I have obsessively spent several hours over the past few days searching the web for clues to its real identity. It has a very strong resemblance to an early 90s Klein Attitude, as well as a couple of the late 2000s Kona cross bikes. It even has some strong similarities to a couple of Brazilian frames from a company called Quadro Mossa. But I've not been able to find an exact match to a frame that has the integrated headset, the reinforcing fairing on the downtube, cantilever brake mounts, and disc brake mounts. If anyone has an idea as to the identity, I'm all ears.

Thomson.jpg

Back