Show "Bicycle"

These ones are plastic. They never settle in. Tony, I probably have one or two light coloured ones in a box if ever want some more :LOL:

For what it is worth I have gone from being a welded on Brooks user to a Selle Anatomica user. Cannot see myself going back.

On-road riding. I like riding, on and off-road and the longer (bikepacking/touring) the better. Each to their own of course.
Brooks claims they are rubber, but if so, it's the hardest rubber I've ever seen. I've already sent it back, and a Terry Liberator is arriving today. I considered both the Terry and the WTB Volt. They are similar in construction, but I opted for the wider seat. Now if only the weather would ease up. I'm a wimp, and just do not enjoy riding in hot, humid conditions. If this keeps up, I'll have to go to starting my rides at 4 AM.

Better. Just a short spin around the neighborhood tells me the Terry Liberator Y will be more comfortable than the Brooks Cambium.

DSCF4418.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brooks claims they are rubber, but if so, it's the hardest rubber I've ever seen. I've already sent it back, and a Terry Liberator is arriving today. I considered both the Terry and the WTB Volt. They are similar in construction, but I opted for the wider seat. Now if only the weather would ease up. I'm a wimp, and just do not enjoy riding in hot, humid conditions. If this keeps up, I'll have to go to starting my rides at 4 AM.
Ah okay, I never remembered it being referred to as rubber, but there you go. When they first came out we always referred to them as Brooks Plastic and it stuck with me. I got a freebie to review for them way back when. It lasted long enough to do the review.

Last edited:
Ah okay, I never remember it being referred to as rubber, but there you go. When they first came out we always referred to them as Brooks Plastic and it stuck with me. I got a freebie to review for them way back when. It lasted long enough to do the review.
I only bought mine because some people on another forum were saying they were the bee's knees; I'm just grateful I had a 30 day return window, because it was the worst saddle I've ever tried.

I've been bitten with the bike building bug! I'm considering swapping the gravel GRX 10 speed groupset on my current bike to a Reynolds 853 frame/fork with DT Swiss wheels. The other option is to keep my gravel bike as-is and add a carbon frame with Shimano 105 and hydraulic/mechanical disc brakes. This frame can also accommodate wide tires up to 45c, but the gearing is better suited for speed with a 50/34t front and 11-32t 11 speed rear. Basically I'd either build a "forever" bike with a Reynolds 853 frame or add a second carbon bike to give me something more speed focused?

Bike GAS n+1 is real, but either way my wife will 😵 not be happy with more bikes! :roflmao:

Last edited:
22 + miles today! The new BB and crankset has made a huge difference in my pedaling. The bike feels smooth as butter right now. Plus ever since I've been doing group rides, the thought of going faster, harder and being lightweight are all I think about! :D

232836443_510772600011351_1612061864012261403_n.png

gravel_bike.jpg

DSC_4669.jpg

Last edited:
I spent a fair bit of time today (more than I expected) setting up some listing images for a couple of bike frames I'd like to sell. I was only using overhead lighting and ambient window light for illumination, but the images turned out rather "meh" to me. Clear enough for sale ads, but certainly well below the standard of good product photography.

DD1F9731.JPG

DD1F9740.JPG

30 miles yesterday with my weekly group ride! They always say it's a chill pace, but once we hit the straightaways or encounter the uphill mash, everyone goes balls out! I find riding in the group dynamic definitely pushes you to go faster even if it's not supposed to be competitive. We encountered a few other group rides along the way and there's definitely a positive camaraderie amongst cyclists nowadays. Also someone fell on the ride and luckily there were nurses in the group who can attend to any medical emergency! 🤕 :D

DSC_4811.jpg

DSC_4792.jpg

DSC_4810.jpg

Last edited:
Well bike GAS is real! I have a post mount carbon bike frame + full flat disc carbon fork on order. It's used, "new" inventory and still covered with a warranty. It comes with the older Shimano 105 11 speed 5800 RD/FD + STI brifters, 11-32t 11 speed cassette, a 50/34t FSA 2x crankset and TRP hydraulic/mechanical post disc brakes (I'll run a post/flat adapter for the front fork). Before committing though, I'll do a shakedown of the frame to make sure there isn't any carbon damage and to check the bottom bracket to make sure there isn't any press fit BB creaking.

I also have a spare GRX 400 RD I plan on swapping in to give it more gear range (it's for 10 speed, but can index on newer 11 speed Shimano shifters), I'll probably add an ultra light 11-36t cassette (sub 300g) and 11 speed hollow link chain. The frame/fork has wide tire clearance up to 45c, but I'll probably run it more as a road bike with 28c or 32c tires.

I'll keep my other full GRX 400 groupset alloy bike and have that focus riding the chunky stuff, while this other bike will be used for fast group rides where the stiff/light carbon frame will shine!

Back