Show "Bicycle"

Copenhagen

WB_FUJA0636 Copenhagen pink bike lady phone.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ride of the day.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one got a going over today, freshly aired tires, degreased and relubed chain etcetra, off I went. The trip lasted for about 150 meters before the back tire literarily exploded, to the tune of blowing out parts of the sidewall, down to the steel rim insert.

The walk of shame home, swapping the front-bag over onto the ECR and off I went.

View attachment 304947

This one got a going over today, freshly aired tires, degreased and relubed chain etcetra, off I went. The trip lasted for about 150 meters before the back tire literarily exploded, to the tune of blowing out parts of the sidewall, down to the steel rim insert.

The walk of shame home, swapping the front-bag over onto the ECR and off I went.
Don't feel bad Jens. When I was going to school I kept my bike in the kitchen of our apartment. One morning while eating breakfast, the rear tire blew out sending talcum powder all over the place. Scared the crap out of us as it was a small apt and the dinning room was all hard walls, so no sound absorption. Turns out when I transported my bike down to school the rear tire sat right in front of the exhaust pipe of my car when the bike was on the rack I'd built. It got an aneurysm in the tube that I didn't notice. Sure did wake me and my roommate up that morning.

View attachment 304947

This can never ever happen to me again.
I have a special nail- and glass-proof inlay between the bike shell and inner tube (collar and tube). It cost me 10€ per wheel. Even if I cut the outside deeply because of riding over glass or hitting a nail the air stayed in the tube and I could return home without having to push the bike. Money well spent.

51821348044_725cd42a77_h.jpg

Herding the Sheep at Le Martinet by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
As we crossed the River Gardon Sainte Croix we paused to watch this lady and child herding a few sheep down the valley and across the road. Just like we see in Western Australia but on a much smaller scale!

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D12-05: Day 12 of 12 – St Germain de Calberte to Saint Jean du Gard: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.
ERA

Back