Show "Bicycle"

I blame this thread for dragging me into the depths of bike insanity! jk

Seriously though, my bike journey has been awesome. I've made good friends from bikes and have met some of the nicest people! I think biking just calms everyone down because you don't have time to stress since you're trying to catch your breath!

My current bike keeps evolving. Too many parts to list, but mostly sourced from Amazon/Ebay/AliExpress! Trying to keep things functional, but with a little style!

carbon_105_pink.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife and I treated ourselves to a pair of new his & hers Trek Verve 3 Lowstep bikes. It's my third Trek bike, her first. I had to convince her that moving from a 26" semi-fat tire to a 700C medium width tire on the same size frame would make a big difference for her. We also tried out some e-bikes, but neither of us was convinced of the efficacy for us. The heavy weight was a turn off for me. I moved a pair of rear racks from my older bikes, as well as my Rixen & Kaul handlebar camera bag. Ready for the trail.

bikes 080822.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nothing like riding in hot 100 degree (37c) weather! The next day my family and I went straight to the beach!

My gravel bike has gotten a few upgrades! lol
View attachment 328143
I guess this old bald guy is a wimp. 100F would definitely have me inside and working in my air conditioned basement. If I ride on a hot day, I start as close to sun-up as I can get. I have often seen people just starting their rides as I was arriving back at the trailhead after my own ride.

Nice to see you riding Tony! How's the bike ride without a top tube? I'm guessing the down tube must be extra stiff!
The bike frame is definitely stiffer and a bit heavier than my other bikes. I can feel the road a bit more, but other than being easier to mount and dismount, the difference isn't huge. Trek emphasizes that if one is riding a lot of rough or hilly trails, do not buy this bike.

I feel happy to live in bicycle country #1 in the world.
Unfortunately I don't have a bicycle...

You need a bicycle then! I most likely live in the most dangerous city in the US for cycling. Sadly Los Angeles has the best weather since we can ride year-round. It's probably the other reason why I predominantly ride in the hills and mountains just to avoid as many cars as possible.

Back