Birds Show Birds

Native New Zealand Tui

Strange looking one and especially when they get upset :) They love the flax bush around NZ around this time of year.

View attachment 282296

View attachment 282297

View attachment 282298

View attachment 282299

View attachment 282300

View attachment 282301

All the best folks.

Danny.

This series of shots almost has a truly painterly quality to them, Danny.
I grew up looking at old, wonderful books of bird paintings and illustrations by Audubon and others, but it's still close to impossible for me to say what it is exactly the characterizes some fine avian paintings; but this series of photos has a special je ne sais quoi for me.

Many thanks for the very helpful replies. I think the major difference is, in fact, that you reduce contrast whereas I reduce saturation. I reduce the highlights by bending down the top 1/4 of the tone curve, so this might result in a slight difference. I'll try reducing contrast. Again thank you so much for taking the time.
No problem! It's all a work in progress, and part of the appeal of this hobby, IMO. I've been at it a few years, and I think I've finally found a post-processing style that suits me. It's another part of the art, where each person has a style of their own, even down to post. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to keeping a tidy histogram, but that's not always good either. Some really nice shots can come from breaking that mold.

54468611-7D9A-4CE7-A291-8EC06FF82898.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

71945799-58E5-441B-ADBE-FF23BC2693A9.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love watching snow owls

Back