Birds Show Birds

Skomer Puffins.
P7190131-Edit-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P7190087-1.jpg
P7191383-1.jpg
P7190139-Edit-1.jpg
P7191707-Edit-1.jpg

Good Evening,

Just before dinner tonight, a trio of Pileated Woodpeckers flew in to feast on the Termites and Carpenter Ants that have decimated one my old trees about 60 feet from my main back deck. I was able to use two systems, the Canon EF 500mm f4 L / 90D working from a tripod with a Jobo gimbal head, and my M1X with the M.Zuiko 300mm f4 up front, hand-held. Everything got processed through DxO PL and PureRaw 2; very pleased with the results from a "just by chance" encounter. The smallest of the group (it has the Carrot-top Fro) was getting fed every few minutes by the largest one in the trio, a pretty funny sight!

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 325307View attachment 325308View attachment 325309View attachment 325310View attachment 325311View attachment 325312
Fantastic shots Edd. We get greater spotted and green woodpeckers where I live, but they are very, very skittish!

Fantastic shots Edd. We get greater spotted and green woodpeckers where I live, but they are very, very skittish!
Thank you Charles, most appreciated. It was so bazaar to see them just fly in and go to work on the tree. I literally got up from the outside dinner table, grabbed one of my big tripods to put the 500mm f4 and camera on with a gimbal head (~5 Kgs). The M1X and 300mm was my second trip back into the house, and I was not being quiet at all. They could care less about me being there, within about 50-60 feet; they wanted their food...:).

Good Afternoon,

The regulars (now) out looking for brunch. I mounted my new RRS quick-lever release with ball head on the kayak; a "quick-draw" to get the gear in hand for the shots...no more fumbling.

Regards,

Edd

Eagle1-72722.jpg
Eagle2-072722.jpg
Eagle3-072722.jpg
Osprey1-072722.jpg
Osprey2-072722.jpg

Back