Birds Show Birds

It's the time of year when eagles come to my state (MD) in larger numbers as the waters freeze up north. Best time of the year to see some Eagles fishing in this area.

Most shot at 500mm. I struggle with getting good shots. White heads are easy to blow out and my general technique needs work. Most of these are heavily cropped.
PB231740.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PB231793.jpg
PB231878.jpg
PB232404.jpg
PB233552.jpg
PB234116.jpg
PB234755.jpg
PB234817.jpg
PB234857.jpg

Last edited:
It's the time of year when eagles come to my state (MD) in larger numbers as the waters freeze up north. Best time of the year to see some Eagles fishing in this area.

Most shot at 500mm. I struggle with getting good shots. White heads are easy to blow out and my general technique needs work. Most of these are heavily cropped.
:Welcome:Chris to the cam posters.
If you go again to your post, click "edit" underneath and then insert every photo as full image instead of icon we can enjoy them in their full splendour on the page.

Stu, we have lots of flocks of these around here ATM. Coming back from the shops a couple of days ago, I saw a fairly small tree with a group of 20-30 sulphur crested cockatoos huddled together in it. Quite amazing to see. They are very beautiful birds, if somewhat destructive at times.
John probably a magnolia tree. It can be confusing 😋
Time to see spec savers? 😋😀

Over on the eastern side of the Cascade mountains, at Lake Ewauna, in Klamath Falls, Oregon, I saw this Ruddy Duck...

EM5_Nov26_22_Ruddy_Duck#1.jpg

She promptly dived--

EM5_Nov26_22_Ruddy_Duck#2(diving).jpg

And returned to the surface--

EM5_Nov26_22_Ruddy_Duck#4.jpg

Before diving again--

EM5_Nov26_22_Ruddy_Duck#5(diving).jpg

And resurfacing once more. And so it went... another day in the life of a diving duck.

EM5_Nov26_22_Ruddy_Duck#6.jpg

My 'new' LA-EA4 came, so I put it and the Maxxum 28-135 on the A7RM3 and went out to just shoot whatever as a test. I was standing about 25' away from the feeders and spotted a Downy on the log. I didn't expect to see any birds at all with me moving around so close and the dog in the run, so I just snapped off a few with the settings I had.

52526164510_bbf1dd0949_c.jpg
DSC04458 by telecast, on Flickr

I went inside and swapped out the 28-135 for the Minolta 100-400. Came back out but the Downy was gone. It wasn't long though before a Nuthatch showed up and started his acrobatics.

52525695156_ab6abc22d2_c.jpg
DSC04490 by telecast, on Flickr

Shortly after a couple Sparrows came along and challenged the Nuthatch for space on the log.

52525971764_d3ce018653_c.jpg
DSC04494 by telecast, on Flickr

52525881789_e697c431e3_c.jpg
DSC04495 by telecast, on Flickr

This Red Bellied Woodpecker never did come to the feeder. He hung around way up in a silver maple wanting to come in, but was too wary.

52525955714_834977cd8b_o.jpg
DSC04513 by telecast, on Flickr

Still not sure about this 100-400. It takes a lot of effort to get something decent out of it, sometimes it seems pretty good, other times not. Lots of CA too.

Back