Birds Show Birds

Angry bird
E6569AAC-914A-457F-9D08-EA9C23D071A8.jpeg

More from the Gh6 as a stills camera. Of course I've not got this as "dialed" in as my G9's since I've only had it for 2 weeks. but the geese are a subset of 10 images taken at 6 FPS handheld with the PL100-400. They were about 30-40' away (too far for feather detail I think) but 9 out of 10 images nailed for Focus which happened to be the wings of the center and last bird. They came from my left and I had just the two seconds of exposure time before they land. Pretty happy with this test (don't often image Canada Geese). The detail of the small feathers on the Egrets beak shows what shooting at 10' is a sweet zone. The Robin, well I just think it a pretty picture. While I think the Gh6 is marginally better for stills than the G9 (which I am keeping my 2) if it were my only stills camera I'd still love it. Video, well move over Mr. Springsteen there is a new boss in town:)

G46.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Geese47.jpg

Egret1.jpg
Robin.jpg

Last edited:
Spent a few hours wandering around the Finley Wildlife refuge, near Corvallis, Oregon. A cold, gray, wintry day... but there were birds everywhere.
A tiny yellow-rumped warbler was busy catching and swallowing small insects--

View attachment 350809

While a spotted Towhee glared at me with one ferocious red eye while scarfing down seeds--

View attachment 350810

On a nearby trail, a small bevy of California quail disappeared into the bushes when they heard approaching human footsteps, I barely caught one quick snap of this chap, the last in line, then they were all gone--

View attachment 350811

At a larger pond, a GBH (Great Blue Heron) was calmly preening himself on a log outcropping while a small number of ducks kept him company; on the far side of the pond, a flock of tundra swans were raising a ruckus, calling and screeching and yodeling--

View attachment 350812

Not too far away, was a family of ring-necked Ducks--

View attachment 350817

Finally, on my way out, I came a cross a some great Egrets...
They were standing--

View attachment 350814

Standing and flying--

View attachment 350815

And flying--

View attachment 350816

The Egrets made my day.
That California quail is just superb, Miguel.

Back