Birds Show Birds

Little Egret
4ECA57D1-5145-4387-943C-A708BE535C36.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI04142-Edit.JPG

"You called me a quack ... So prove it." Well I couldn't argue with the duck, she was holy because she was walking on (frozen) water.

OVI04000-Edit.JPG

They all were ... Never seem a Duck-sickle before.

OVI04022-Edit.JPG

"Come here you handsome devil."

OVI03797-Edit.JPG

"The nut cracker, hacker, slacker."

OVI03690-Edit.JPG

"You better take my s&@h seriously if you walk under my tree."

OVI03711-Edit.JPG

"Honey, make some room on the couch for me."

So this red-tailed hawk was just chilling in a tree when he suddenly looked a bit anxious and took off. I followed him in the viewfinder, then the real reason was made clear: he was being mobbed and bullied by blackbirds, who descended upon the tree like a great cloud once he was gone.

23018668-topazAI118-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

23018706-topazAI118-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

23018708-topazAI118-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

23018717-topazAI118-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

23018727-topazAI118-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

OVI05306-Edit.JPG

I mentioned some time ago that Robins are the friendliest birds I have ever met. Well I went out on Tuesday morning with one goal in mind: capture the freezing weather that we had this winter (it was -5 C). I didn't get much luck with landscapes so I spend most of my time with wildlife and macro. I sat next to a wooden gate to a wooded patch hoping to catch birds coming out and looking for food in the frozen landscape.

20230124_095103.jpg

What I got instead is a little Robin male coming for a visit, sitting right next to me and looking with high interest for what I was doing. He came in so close that I could make a selfie with him with my phone. He was a few inches away from my face. We sat there for about an hour, I must have been funny to him, talking about why aren't the birds showing up.
OVI05391-Edit.JPG

Since no other bird wanted to drop by in the best light and composition I set up for I just let my new little friend to model for me, he seemed more then happy to pose ... And I got my image of a bird in the frozen condition (yus, I know its not the best compositik with all the clutter in the foreground).

OVI05364-Edit.JPG

He got so close that I was struggling to keep him over the minimum focus distance at 180mm ... It was quite the shock to the system seeing how sharp this Tamy lens is (as I said in the dog thread) and the f 2.8 is just magical in its rendition. I don't think I will ever sell this lens (unless I upgrade to the G2 when it comes out) and I'll always keep a 70-200-ish lens with me.

Back