Birds Show Birds

Sushi for lunch:
Egret2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What goes up, must come down and sometimes, just sometimes, what goes down must come up.

Kingfisher with the Canon FD 500 F/4.5L.

View attachment 363175

View attachment 363176

All the best folks, keep them coming.

Danny.
I've never even seen a kingfisher, so this shocked me as I had no idea they coughed up pellets like owls!* I can only hope to get amazing shots like this when I finally see one.

* Unless I'm wrong and this idiot is trying to eat a dog treat or something.

Some visitors to the backyard today...
blue jay backyard fini.jpg

Basic Blue jay

finch-fini-2.jpg

Bird with yellow and black and tan and white, I always forget what they are.

woodpecker backyard fini.jpg

Pileated Woodpecker. ( I know this one because people always ask me, "Have you ever seen a Pileated Woodpecker"? I always answer, "Yes,...yes I have, in fact...." Then I pull out my phone and show them all the Pileated Woodpecker pictures I have transferred to my phone's photo repository.)

Some visitors to the backyard today...
View attachment 363272
Basic Blue jay

View attachment 363273
Bird with yellow and black and tan and white, I always forget what they are.

View attachment 363274

Pileated Woodpecker. ( I know this one because people always ask me, "Have you ever seen a Pileated Woodpecker"? I always answer, "Yes,...yes I have, in fact...." Then I pull out my phone and show them all the Pileated Woodpecker pictures I have transferred to my phone's photo repository.)
Oh man, I wish we had woodpeckers here. Just gorgeous they are and the behavior is remarkable with that strong beak. Yellow and black one is some type of finch by the looks and beautiful at that. Fine shooting as always.

Oh man, I wish we had woodpeckers here. Just gorgeous they are and the behavior is remarkable with that strong beak. Yellow and black one is some type of finch by the looks and beautiful at that. Fine shooting as always.
Danny, woodpeckers also have a shock absorber system around their brains in order to protect it.

I've never even seen a kingfisher, so this shocked me as I had no idea they coughed up pellets like owls!* I can only hope to get amazing shots like this when I finally see one.

* Unless I'm wrong and this idiot is trying to eat a dog treat or something.
These are sea shore KF at an inlet and small crab is always on the menu at low tide. They can't digest the sand and shells so up it comes :)

Back