Birds Show Birds

A cosy couple...Gang-gang cockatoos

ggc.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sacred kingfisher at Beaumaris.

Royal Melbourne Golf Course immediately to the left, with a storm water run off underneath the bird. I have no idea what it might have been doing here.

My 40-150 was too short, but there is no way I was going to spend 5 minutes getting my 50-200. Five minutes later, this vagrant bird wasn't there ...

E-30_JAK_2012-_3097376_Ew.jpg

Let's keep this intellectual. It was actually Ambrose Bierce who modified Descartes' proof of existence.

Cogito Cogito
Ergo cogito sum

Latin did not use punctuation, ending sentences with the verb.

For me, punctuation is very useful for conveying nuances of meaning. However, who am I to tell dead people how to write their dead language?

PS: love some of your responses everyone ... :) .
Cogito Cogito sounds like a Little Caesar's pizza competitor who only locates in college towns (apologies for the US-centric joke, I know many of you are upside down at this very moment!)

So yesterday, we visited Grizzly Island Wildlife Refuge for the first time, in hopes of seeing a few different birds. Less than a minute after entering, pulling over, and switching seats so my wife could drive while I looked for birds, I told her to stop because I saw this red-tailed hawk "doing lazy circles in the sky" just like in the song.

GRIZ4146-topazAI124-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

I'm in the pool.

Kookaburra lands on our upstairs deck railing.

Out of the pool.

Dried hands.

Grab camera off sofa, and switch on. Check ISO and aperture.

Walk upstairs as quickly as possible.

Take a couple of shots through screen door ...

Gently open screen door a little (about 2m from bird!).

Take three more shots.

Kookaburra flies away ...

Here is the last of the three good shots.

M247745.JPG

It's actually sharper than this. This is a resize of a resize of the OoC JPEG ...

Back