Birds Show Birds

About three weeks ago I saw a Robin on top of a pile af plowed snow. He had to have been lost. A Robin the first week or so of February is pretty uncommon around here and I haven't seen another one in my area since.

Today I was downstate, about 180 miles south, in Ann Arbor, and I ran across a flock of Robins searching the ground for worms. There had to be about a dozen of them. This one caught my attention because it only had one leg. If you've seen Robins run, they can run pretty fast and keep their horizontal movement to a minimum. This one was hopping everywhere he or she went, so it was easy to keep track of. (I think it may be a female) As much as I found interest in her, it found interest in me and hopped over to my car where I was taking pics from the driver's window. In a couple of shots today I could actually see my car in her eyeball.

Anyway, here's four from the encounter. This sighting, and setting the clocks ahead this weekend are sure signs spring is right around the corner.
View attachment 371289

View attachment 371290

View attachment 371291

View attachment 371293
Oh man, in your face shots with brilliant details! Impressive work and shots. Seems happy with one leg, so probably fine otherwise.

robin face.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's a picture of my Honda CRV in the robin's eye.

My first snowy birbs:
OVI08494.JPG

They were quite interested in the goings of the snowy ground, I don't know if it was because they were very hungry or snow adds some flavour.

OVI08446.JPG

I got mostly Finches and Sparrows, I tried for bigger birds but my body wasnt very cooperative with the coldness.

OVI08502.JPG

They wouldn't let me get very close, I guess I stand out in the snow more then a Snowman.

OVI08479.JPG

Cute little balls of fluff in a sea of white,hopping around like little bunnies.

OVI08483.JPG
After half an hour of being outside the snowing turned into a pretty cold rain but I wasn't ready to give up, I told myself half an hour more and we might get lucky.

OVI08471.JPG

Well not much luck with other birds, I would have loved a Woodpecker or Magpie or even a Black Birds, now that's contrast for the snow :p

OVI08521.JPG

Even the birds were questioning my sanity if what I was trying to do :p

OVI08543.JPG
The snow was slowly turning into brown sloush by the minute,not that it bothered the birds or anything. At least this one found a little bit of seed ... Soggy seed.

OVI08506.JPG

And of course I go out for just one hour and I'm already catching a cold, I just got rid of one last month darn it. Not sure if it was worth it.

OVI08532.JPG
Last picture before going home.

PXL_20230308_111016871.jpg
Took me half an hour to get all the water off the lens and camera.

About three weeks ago I saw a Robin on top of a pile af plowed snow. He had to have been lost. A Robin the first week or so of February is pretty uncommon around here and I haven't seen another one in my area since.

Today I was downstate, about 180 miles south, in Ann Arbor, and I ran across a flock of Robins searching the ground for worms. There had to be about a dozen of them. This one caught my attention because it only had one leg. If you've seen Robins run, they can run pretty fast and keep their horizontal movement to a minimum. This one was hopping everywhere he or she went, so it was easy to keep track of. (I think it may be a female) As much as I found interest in her, it found interest in me and hopped over to my car where I was taking pics from the driver's window. In a couple of shots today I could actually see my car in her eyeball.

Anyway, here's four from the encounter. This sighting, and setting the clocks ahead this weekend are sure signs spring is right around the corner.
View attachment 371289

View attachment 371290

View attachment 371291

View attachment 371293
Lovely series.
Fantastic interaction with nature.
Real privilege

My first snowy birbs:
View attachment 371314
They were quite interested in the goings of the snowy ground, I don't know if it was because they were very hungry or snow adds some flavour.

View attachment 371313
I got mostly Finches and Sparrows, I tried for bigger birds but my body wasnt very cooperative with the coldness.

View attachment 371315
They wouldn't let me get very close, I guess I stand out in the snow more then a Snowman.

View attachment 371316
Cute little balls of fluff in a sea of white,hopping around like little bunnies.

View attachment 371318After half an hour of being outside the snowing turned into a pretty cold rain but I wasn't ready to give up, I told myself half an hour more and we might get lucky.

View attachment 371320
Well not much luck with other birds, I would have loved a Woodpecker or Magpie or even a Black Birds, now that's contrast for the snow :p

View attachment 371321
Even the birds were questioning my sanity if what I was trying to do :p

View attachment 371323The snow was slowly turning into brown sloush by the minute,not that it bothered the birds or anything. At least this one found a little bit of seed ... Soggy seed.

View attachment 371322
And of course I go out for just one hour and I'm already catching a cold, I just got rid of one last month darn it. Not sure if it was worth it.

View attachment 371325Last picture before going home.

View attachment 371327Took me half an hour to get all the water off the lens and camera.
Well there's one good thing about it .......... at least it's on manual where it should be ;) And the hotshoe is not wet, clever ;)

"Driver ya birds"

Out on Monday with the driver ya birds, most know them as Swallows, but they drive ya nuts, drive ya up the wall and they drive ya around the bend.

If they're not flying on top of the water, they are simply trying to drown themselves, darn nutters.

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

So that's the "Drive ya birds" and only another 40 or so to post up :cool:

All the best folks as always.

Danny.

"Driver ya birds"

Out on Monday with the driver ya birds, most know them as Swallows, but they drive ya nuts, drive ya up the wall and they drive ya around the bend.

If they're not flying on top of the water, they are simply trying to drown themselves, darn nutters.

View attachment 371338

View attachment 371337

View attachment 371339

View attachment 371340

View attachment 371341

View attachment 371342

Danny.
Swallows are such a PITA to photograph. Well done!

Well there's one good thing about it .......... at least it's on manual where it should be ;) And the hotshoe is not wet, clever ;)
I shoot on M 99% of the time, the camera came without a hotshoe cover (bought used) and I had to find something that fits becauae of the (in)famous Accessory not compatible wet dreams that the camera has. It was still giving me that warning for about an hour so I kept the camera pointing up and let the gravity take the water that for stuck in there out, it works fine now. (If I'm going out in wet conditions again I will tape the top)

"Driver ya birds"

View attachment 371338

View attachment 371337

View attachment 371339

View attachment 371340

View attachment 371341

View attachment 371342

Danny.
Spectacular series, as usual. Great job!

Back