Birds Show Birds

That wasn't the point. For someone new to photography like me, and who hasn't taken any wildlife shots before, then it was the "25 minutes of chatter" that was most revealing. The tips about watching the behaviour first, about following with the eyes before lifting the camera etc were great. Rather than getting a photo of a bird sitting on a fence they discussed how to get photos about a bird and its behaviour and the examples shown of "good" compared to "ordinary" were very instructive. That might come naturally to an experienced photographer like you, but to me it was invaluable and I not only learnt a lot but I've been inspired to try some bird photography... and I can't ask for more than that. The bit about settings was the most obvious part of the whole video to me and probably most people on this forum too.

I appreciate that not everyone can (or want) to afford a Z9 + 600mm (or want to carry that weight and size) so the M43 info was useful. Thanks.
Yeah, sorry about that Colin. Nothing personal. I just find it difficult to listen to most long U-Tube videos.
I understand that these are often helpful to many people, but I prefer reading books, etc, where I can go back and forth as the need arises.

Yeah, sorry about that Colin. Nothing personal. I just find it difficult to listen to most long U-Tube videos.
I understand that these are often helpful to many people, but I prefer reading books, etc, where I can go back and forth as the need arises.
Indeed.... and if you'd watched the video then you'd have learnt that you could go to the professional photographer's web site and download her free e-book "An Introduction to Wildlife Photography" and go back and forth with it as the need arose.

Here's a few more I hope you'll enjoy!

Say's Phoebe
DSC03742tb2023-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rock Pigeon
DSC04783-XL.jpg

Mourning Dove
DSC06762-XL.jpg

If the bird looks pissed, it's because it is. No, not because it's all wet. These robins built their nest on our downspout, and unlike the last 2 seasons, this new parenting pair could use some valium. They will give us the puffed up stare, squawk, flutter, fly-by, and mean-mug us, even while we are in our living room. It was funny at first, now we just want them gone!
DSCF1138 1.jpg

If the bird looks pissed, it's because it is. No, not because it's all wet. These robins built their nest on our downspout, and unlike the last 2 seasons, this new parenting pair could use some valium. They will give us the puffed up stare, squawk, flutter, fly-by, and mean-mug us, even while we are in our living room. It was funny at first, now we just want them gone!
View attachment 387914
I feel your pain. We have one that nested in our back patio and has a fit if we dare to sit outside. Lol

Back