Birds Show Birds

I really like the way you processed that -- almost feels like a painting!

Thank you for the kind comment, Dion. Actually, I didn't do much processing - started with raw images, cropped a little, adjusted the tonalities a bit and contrast as well, but the weird thing is, I kept on being reminded of certain paintings I had seen, with their use of light and shadow and some of the compositional elements. When I was taking this series of photographs, I almost had the feeling that I had stumbled into something resembling a tribal or village gathering, and my trusty little Olympus had done its job of capturing it in a way that intrigued me. So, yeah, long story short, your comment really resonated with me. Thank you again.

Our daily visitors - a hungry flock of guinea fowl on the deck - and note Freya the unflustered cat :) Something must have scared them, because it's unusual for them to all fly away together like this

Web 1500_ZFC_6284 Guineas on balcony.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Web 1500_ZFC_6285 Awkward flapping-guineas taking off.jpg

Web 1500_ZFC_6287 Awkward flapping-guineas taking off.jpg

Web 1500_ZFC_6288 Guineas flying from balcony.jpg

Good Morning,

Back in the kayak again after shooting sports at school all week; I had fun tracking this GBH for a bit, then let it get back to fishing for breakfast...🎣. Used the M1X and M.Z. 300mm f4 combo.

Regards,

Edd

GBH-3.jpg
GBHIF-1.jpg
GBHIF-2.jpg
GBH-L-1.jpg
GBH-L-2.jpg
GBH-L-3.jpg
GBH-L-4.jpg
GBH-L-5.jpg

Thank you for the kind comment, Dion. Actually, I didn't do much processing - started with raw images, cropped a little, adjusted the tonalities a bit and contrast as well, but the weird thing is, I kept on being reminded of certain paintings I had seen, with their use of light and shadow and some of the compositional elements. When I was taking this series of photographs, I almost had the feeling that I had stumbled into something resembling a tribal or village gathering, and my trusty little Olympus had done its job of capturing it in a way that intrigued me. So, yeah, long story short, your comment really resonated with me. Thank you again.
You're very welcome. One of the terrific things I love about Photography is that it is a means of artistic expression - you're capturing a moment or telling a story - that is accessible to people like me (stick figures are about as artsy as I get!). The very best puts your audience in the moment, and you got that. I'm retiring next year to Washington, and I'm looking forward to pretty much everything about it - photography-wise. Thanks again, and stay awesome...

Good Morning,

Back in the kayak again after shooting sports at school all week; I had fun tracking this GBH for a bit, then let it get back to fishing for breakfast...🎣. Used the M1X and M.Z. 300mm f4 combo.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 390436View attachment 390437View attachment 390438View attachment 390439View attachment 390440View attachment 390441View attachment 390442View attachment 390443
Great series Edd. That 2nd and 3rd shot in particular are just fantastic.

I happened to run across this adorable duck family yesterday. Here's Dad watching the kids:

23051398-topazAI136-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

And the proud mama:

23051371-topazAI136-denoise.jpeg

Mom shows the kids the secret path through the grass to keep them safe from predators:

23051442-topazAI136-denoise.jpeg

Then they can explore on their own!

23051597-topazAI136-denoise.jpeg

The yellow one fell behind and paddled for all s(he) was worth!

23051584-topazAI136-denoise.jpeg

Good Morning,

I rented a Metabones EF to RF Speedbooster (0.71X) for a week and I'm not sure if it is worth the purchase; jury still out. It turns my 500mm f4 into a ~354mm f2.8, then the crop factor (1.6) brings the "effective F.L." to 568mm with my R7. Central sharpness is really good, if not excellent. One-shot AF, as well as Servo AF, works remarkably good. At 450.00 USD, it is a bit pricey, but to gain a full stop with such a long piece of glass and giving new hope to using full-frame wide angles at the other end, it may be a winner. Here is a sample taken of one of my locals taking a break at one of my feeders.

Regards,

Edd

Hummer with SpeedBooster.jpg

OVI04103-Edit.JPG

Haven't been making all that many pictures lately, just the odd one on morning and evening walks to/from work. The usual Blackbirds ...

OVI04155-Edit.JPG

... Tree Creepers (seems like I was wrong, unsurprisingly it's a) baby Robin (aka) ...
Untitled.jpg

OVI05142-Edit.JPG

... and Robins.

Last edited:
Back