Birds Show Birds

Testing their wings

Here's a couple from last night showing the kids testing their wings. They are jumping up and flapping too, indicating they are seriously preparing for flight. I'd love to be there when one takes off.

P6202706.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P6202748.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 71297

Anna, I love your Puffins! There is something both endearing and comical about Puffins to me. I'd also love to know what Fuji lens you used for these and how faraway the birds were from you?

I keep thinking that eventually I might want to get one of the Fujis with interchangeable lenses...

Mike, I think that gull looks more as though he was thinking of grabbing that camera out of your hands!:wink_old:

Deer Dodger, I don't know what kind of hawk or falcon that is but that's a great image with your X10 - very impressive!

Thanks BB!
I used the 18-55. The birds are only about 40 cm away. (see photo). I cropped the photo's (and the quality is still good... ;-) ) I will also place the original from the photo I cropped.

This is my husband:
DSCF0840.jpg

This is the original:
DSCF0873.jpg

Ah - thank you, Anna! I want to hug them all, too, Mike. An old friend of mine spent a summer off the coast of Maine, I believe, on an island full of Puffins...studying them. I don't think they're quite as cuddly as they appear.:wink_old:

It must have been so cool to be so close! Thanks again, Anna, for the background shot and info!

Deer Dodger, I don't know what kind of hawk or falcon that is but that's a great image with your X10 - very impressive!

Thanks BBW,

I think the bird was a professional and helped to make my amateur skills and p&s camera look good :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back