Birds Show Birds

northern shoveller bill-DeNoiseAI-clear (2).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My, what a big shovel you have!

eagle peninsula drive (2).JPG

Spotted an eagle sitting near the top of a tree today on my way back home from the vet with the dog. Only shot I could get was from almost directly underneath. I had to shoot into a bright background so I exposed one stop over and still had to pull up shadows in post. The white spots you see in the image isn't sensor dust, it's snow. Yes, it's April 26th and it's still snowing. Maybe that's why he's giving me a cross-eyed look!

View attachment 306417

Spotted an eagle sitting near the top of a tree today on my way back home from the vet with the dog. Only shot I could get was from almost directly underneath. I had to shoot into a bright background so I exposed one stop over and still had to pull up shadows in post. The white spots you see in the image isn't sensor dust, it's snow. Yes, it's April 26th and it's still snowing. Maybe that's why he's giving me a cross-eyed look!
Will, surely your nice camera has centre spot metering?

Lovely shot, BTW. Love the vaguely pissed off look he's (she's?) giving you.

I passed the eagle, then backed up and sat on an angle in the center across both lanes of a two lane road. It was the only spot to get a clear shot. There was no traffic, but it was on a curve so I had to hurry.
Tricky situation, that.

Bit different from here ...

E-30_JAK_2011-_C026742_Ew.jpg

Back