Birds Show Birds

Good Morning,

I decided to try "Bird Detect" on my M1X; I was pretty amazed once I let it do the calculations and find the low flier. This was taken hand-held, effective F.L. of 840mm, no IS (disabled for the testing), with me in the kayak bobbing around in 15-20 MPH winds. The first four were slightly OOF, the rest (like this one) were tack-sharp.

Regards,

Edd

P8080097_DxO.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI08471-Edit.JPG

Starling doing a 180° turn to catch a fly it spotted. The image is a 5 MegaPickle Ricks crop from 42 because it turned so quickly my Sony a7R II got only 2 frames of the turn and the 2nd one was right within 15% of the edge of the frame.

OVI08428-Edit.JPG

A gull flying parallel to the sunset.

OVI08406-Edit.JPG

Starling enjoying breakfast at 06:00-ish.

Good Evening,

It was another quiet day on the water...I did more kayaking/swimming than photography...:|

Used some old-school Canon lens/TC combo...EF300mm f4L IS with 1.4X III and found out something interesting with this combo and the 90D. If the lens IS is turned on, the burst rate is less than 10 FPS (around 6-7 from the sound). Turning off the lens IS puts the burst-rate back to 10 FPS; my guess is that the processor gets a bit bogged-down. I'll try this later in the week with my Sigma C 100-400mm.

Regards,

Edd

BC-1.JPG
BC-2.JPG
GBH-1-10Aug22.JPG

Back