Birds Show Birds

cormorant.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Probably more of a landscape, than bird but there are Cormorants (Phalacrocorax carbo) in the frame. Was tooled up for General purpose photography so longest lens I brought was the 35-100 f:2.8. Hadn't calculated with big flocks of Cormorants easily accessible. Going by memory, I have seen one once before this day.

Good Evening,

First, please keep the folks in Florida in your thoughts and prayers and a special shout-out to all the First Responders, power line and gas line crews, including the "Cajun Navy" which I'm told is staged and ready to go. Postponed the Newport trip until tomorrow; a few from a very wind-blown kayak in chop on the watershed. The OM-1 subject tracking was spot-on; the Eagle was a flyby out of nowhere (I heard the wings beating behind me) and the camera locked right on. It is nearly a 100% crop as I had retracted the Oly back to 100mm while paddling...my bad...:(. The Cormorant, well, it's just being itself...sunning, fishing, that kind of thing...

Info on the Cajun Navy: Cajun Navy - Wikipedia

Regards,

Edd

P9280232_DxO.jpg
P9280335_DxO.jpg
P9280372_DxO.jpg

Something that I love about my house is that we get Chukars come through our backyard often. I have tried several times to get pictures of them, but I cannot sneak up on them and they run away as soon as I step out with a camera. They also tend to come in the morning during twilight. I got this guy this morning on a gray drizzly early morning through a window. But it does show the markings pretty well of a bird that I think has an understated beauty.

DSC_1059-X3.jpg

Back