Birds Show Birds

I might have been a bit disingenuous there. I still remember the day I started bird photography, because it was only 2 years ago.

I had just gotten myself an X-S10 and I was going crazy finding out how many lenses could be adapted to mirrorless. I got my old Maxxum beercan telephoto (70-200 f/4, which was autofocus, but manual-only on the Fujifilm, and you have to stick your fingers in front of the lens to focus, no biggie) and went down to the nearest wildlife refuge to try it out. Lo and behold we rounded a bend and there was a red-tailed hawk. Somehow I managed to get a perfectly focused shot of it in flight, manual focus and all...and yes, while it was flying away. That one photo got me hooked and here I am!

View attachment 370964
Been at it ..... a little longer with birds to say the least, but yeah it's addictive for sure. Look at the shots you get today because of it. Come a long way. Nice!

OVI08313.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Been walking my little princess yesterday and I got more flocks shooting :p

OVI08345.JPG

This was the only closeup I got yesterday, dropped in for a Hello There :)

OVI08379.JPG

Starling Abbacus.

About three weeks ago I saw a Robin on top of a pile af plowed snow. He had to have been lost. A Robin the first week or so of February is pretty uncommon around here and I haven't seen another one in my area since.

Today I was downstate, about 180 miles south, in Ann Arbor, and I ran across a flock of Robins searching the ground for worms. There had to be about a dozen of them. This one caught my attention because it only had one leg. If you've seen Robins run, they can run pretty fast and keep their horizontal movement to a minimum. This one was hopping everywhere he or she went, so it was easy to keep track of. (I think it may be a female) As much as I found interest in her, it found interest in me and hopped over to my car where I was taking pics from the driver's window. In a couple of shots today I could actually see my car in her eyeball.

Anyway, here's four from the encounter. This sighting, and setting the clocks ahead this weekend are sure signs spring is right around the corner.
robin one leg (2).JPG

robin 2023 left.JPG

robin 2023.JPG

robin straight on (2).JPG

Back