Birds Show Birds

I was going to comment after seeing Barrie's Little Egret ... when I first went to Cornwall 20-odd years ago, it was possible to glimpse the occasional one deep up a creek somewhere ... much to the disgusted envy of the bloke who had got me interested in birding, and who despite being a life-long birder (unlike Johnny-come-lately me) had never seen one ... now they're two a penny!
But are these from Winginkris LEs?

Anyway, a very successful bird
Not sure how to answer, as I'm not sure about the LEs. But it doesn't correspond to me. I'm not much of a birder, but they're are an abundance of them around here. The "wingin" in my name has more to do with the Honda Goldwing that I ride on the rare occasion that I'm able to get out of the city.(my second passion)!

Not sure how to answer, as I'm not sure about the LEs. But it doesn't correspond to me. I'm not much of a birder, but they're are an abundance of them around here. The "wingin" in my name has more to do with the Honda Goldwing that I ride on the rare occasion that I'm able to get out of the city.(my second passion)!

I'm assuming you are in the United States, in which case what you're seeing are Snowy Egrets Egretta thula as opposed to Little Egrets Egretta garzetta

Barrie

I'm assuming you are in the United States, in which case what you're seeing are Snowy Egrets Egretta thula as opposed to Little Egrets Egretta garzetta

Barrie
Thanks Barrie,

Yes, I'm in the US. I knew they were Egrets, but I wasn't sure what kind. My girlfriend also said they are Snowy egrets, but she knows everything(glad she doesn't read this forum)!:laugh1:

in this case the e410, i have that AND the e510

am i correct that a main difference between the two is one has CDAF and one has PDAF?
I wondered how that worked out on the Es, given that the E-P2 is CDAF and this lens doesn't do so well on the PEN?

Snapped this today, looks like a Blackbird to me but no eye ring, but what else could it be? GF1 45-200, handheld hence lack of sharpness.

GF145-200blackbird.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sharpness (as we know) is a bourgeois concept, Malcolm ... especially when you've captured the fabulous iridescence of this Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) so well.

Thanks, I knew it couldn't be a Blackbird but was puzzled by him being much blacker than the other Starlings hopping around the lawn. I like Starlings, they always seem so industrious.

Thanks, I knew it couldn't be a Blackbird but was puzzled by him being much blacker than the other Starlings hopping around the lawn. I like Starlings, they always seem so industrious.

Malcolm, what you've got there is a male Starling in breeding plumage. I can sex it by the grey area on the base of the lower mandible (bill). Perhaps the birds it was with haven't yet come into full breeding plumage.

Barrie

am i correct that a main difference between the two is one has CDAF and one has PDAF?
I wondered how that worked out on the Es, given that the E-P2 is CDAF and this lens doesn't do so well on the PEN?
the only differences between the 2 is the battery size and the IBIS in the e510.
both use PDAF as well a CDAF in liveview :)

Back