Birds Show Birds

I love cockatoos, there are always hundreds around my house, and the park opposite. Luckily they don't seem to be affected by the poisonous oleander tree in the back yard. They continuously strip the leaves and seed pods.

The bright contrast certainly brings out the fringing on the Sony 55-210. I'll have to learn how to remove different colour fringing one day.

14196019532_02d8d04902_b.jpg

Cockatoo
by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr

I spent a nice morning tracking what I hoped was a fem Cuckoo through the common recently, a glimpse here and a glimpse there, until I finally spotted ... a fem Sparrowhawk :) which of course is nice all the same.

Luke: this is a marvellous archive of bird sounds: xeno-canto :: Sharing bird sounds from around the world

I tend to play birds songs now and again in the house just to annoy my dear wife ……….. The GO bird gets a lot of plays and in fact I have just bought one of those tape recorder things, (do they call them dictaphones) to record bird song

I also play the odd "strange" bird song outside just to annoy the resident Great Tits …….. they usually come quite near and complaint!!! ……….. life is good….. the sun is out ……. and the moles are digging up the lawn and field on their usual nightly 12 hour "shifts"

Mmmm ………..don't know what to say apart from I saw lots of Canada's today with 6 lots of young each, plus Egyptian's all over the place …… with hardly a Mallard in sight and a solitary Gadwall had only two chicks

One of my "arty" shots from today - we had quite "funny" light

swn.jpg

Mmmm ………..don't know what to say apart from I saw lots of Canada's today with 6 lots of young each, plus Egyptian's all over the place …… with hardly a Mallard in sight and a solitary Gadwall had only two chicks

One of my "arty" shots from today - we had quite "funny" light

swn.jpg

Very nice back side :D

Back