Birds Show Birds

Just some common song birds congregated around the feeders . . .

P1020804a.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1020808a.JPG

P1020810a.JPG

P1020811a.JPG

The birds were very active around the feeders on a cold but brilliant morning.

There is a pair of Red Shouldered Hawks that haunt the woods around our house. They circle overhead seemingly constantly, and are very vocal. They seem to like the trees within 50-100 feet of our house, and fearlessly swoop into the branches, vocally announcing their presence, even if someone is out in the yard. I happened to have my camera with me yesterday afternoon when they visited. I was not quick enough to capture them when they first landed on the same branch, but they didn't seem to mind me creeping closer to get these images. I'm considering buying a better telephoto than the consumer 75-300 II, but these will do for now.

A pair of Pileated Woodpeckers descended on a rotted stump in our back yard, digging away. My XF 55-200 hasn't arrived yet, but I still have a Minolta 30cm f4.5 and an MD-XF adapter from my previous adventures with Fuji. This was shot through a window screen and a bunch of branches, but it's the first successful image I've ever gotten of a Pileated - and I got two of them at once! Provia used on the X-T2.

Back