Show Bridges

DSCF3725.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The rickety old RR bridge in the first image has a drop of about 30 feet to the rocky creek bed. There's a trail to the base of a nice waterfall on the other end of the bridge, and I've gone over there a few times, but not today. No way of knowing just how slick the bridge was. Only other way to the bottom of the ravine is by taking a very steep path just to the right of the bridge. I've also done that, but with ice and snow, I just decided to give a close-up view of the base of the falls a pass today.

I was also questioning my sanity as I walked my bike across the second bridge. There are large gaps between the trusses that I had to step over. The creek below is swift and rocky. Wouldn't want to fall in.

DSCF3801A.JPG

DSCF3804A.JPG

33112118198_af16e548c5_h.jpg

Arquejols Viaduct on Approach - Arquejols - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D3-07
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Mademoiselle Anne approaching the Arquejols viaduct on a warm French summer's day. The viaduct is part of the now disused Le Puy to Langogne railway line. Passenger traffic ceased on the line in 1939 and freight traffic came to an end in 1988.

The Chemin de Stevenson passes below the viaduct before ascending a steep track to a point above the railway line.

Day 3 of 12 - Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas to Langogne: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

This was the miners bridge crossing the Afon Llugwy, near Bettws y Coed in North Wales. The bridge has subsequently been washed away in the dramatic flooding in the area a few months after this photo was taken. It hasn't been replaced and Natural Resources Wales (Forestry Commission) have subsequently felled all of the trees in this photo. It was on the Slate Trail, a new long distance route in Snowdonia.
48837425871_b3497a0c6d_o.jpg

Back