Show Bridges

There is a bridge under 10 feet or so of water in this image.

DSCN2700.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Teme Aqueduct, near Little Hereford on the Herefordshire/Shropshire border. Built again to carry the Leominster - Stourport canal across the river Teme. 3 arch span. Following the abandonment of the canal in favour of the railways this sat unused for many years. In WWII the central arch was blown up, possibly as a 'Tank Trap'. I feel very honoured as this photo was found on Flickr by Shire Publications and features in a book called Pillboxes and Tank Traps by Bernard Lowry, with full photo credit to me. My one and only real claim to fame!
6851878836_3dbd7f0958_o.jpg

51108570091_bfda8f3137_h.jpg

Stone Bridge – Unnamed Road
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We are now climbing up into the Minente Valley, approximately 2.5 kilometres out of Florac. This was a lovely walking, and the ascent was that noticeable (well I do not recall it being noticeable).

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-12: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

51136405001_c4f15bc270_h.jpg

A Pont Just off the N106

We are now climbing up into the Minente Valley, approximately 6.5 kilometres out of Florac. This was a lovely walking, and the ascent was not that noticeable (well I do not recall it being noticeable).

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-12: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

51145630178_cd667d0ddd_h.jpg

GR70, La Minente and a Pont

Ponts or bridges were common on our climb through the Minente Valley. This one was across the La Minente river where the D20 and the GR70 crosses the river

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-16: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Taken from Blackness Castle around 8pm yesterday. The sky was threatening rain (or snow - it is May, in Scotland) but the sun was illuminating all Three of the bridges over the Forth. The tallest white one with 3 pillars is the new Queensferry Crossing - just a few years old. The middle white one with two pillars is the Forth Road Bridge now limited to buses and taxis built in the 1960s. The magnificent red one is the Forth Bridge. It's a rail bridge, World Heritage Site and completed in 1890.

DSCF0552.jpeg

51193016818_45a4a1b981_h.jpg

Pont Across Ruisseau de Peyrouse by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Continuing our walk through the Minenete Valley we had entered the Parc National Les Cèvennes when we crossed the Ruisseau de Peyrouse (Peyrouse Creek) via this historical pont. I am assuming at one time this track was an important transport route.

Today the N106 which is on the other side of the Minenete River is the transport route.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-20: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back