Show Bridges

Wooden Footbridge in Upper Michigan.

oly1 042c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
oly1 044c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was on the same trip. I was divorced from the lady who was the exchange son's host mother and he invited us both to come. I had a new wife of some 7 years and she had just remarried to a former NFL Quarterback who was with the NY Giants for years and played intermittently. The son had got us all rooms and got them next to each other. My wife was not ecstatic about being super sweet but she is a trooper and we made it through the wedding and reception. My ex mentioned that we should take a Rhine cruise together but we were prepared. We told her we were going to Prague and we did. After they left, we came back and had a great time with the student's real family for several days. Here is the Charles Bridge in color at night.

View attachment 287102
Awesome story.
You could base a movie script on that premise…
😉

Awesome story.
You could base a movie script on that premise…
😉
Update: Exchange son is an officer of a large German company and he will be in the US the week of the 13th of March through the 21st. He is flying to Dallas where my daughter lives after his business trip in Atlanta. Dallas is also the close-by city of my ex-wife and we will be playing nice again for 4 days. I bet he feels like the child that was split by Solomon since he has to divide his time with us. It is just easier for us all to do joint activities. We did this when my exchange son from Finland visited us a couple of years ago. All told, I have hosted 6 students from foreign countries, 4 boys and 2 girls.

Back