Show "Car"

This vintage Lincoln Continental is patiently awaiting restoration... but it still has an eye-catching and imposing presence. Especially those chromed tail-lights.

XT5_April12_23_Lincoln_Continental(Talent,OR).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good Evening,

Every year, Reno, Nevada hosts the mega car show for a week known as Hot August Nights. The nightly parade of cars through downtown Reno varied in total length from 1 to 3 miles long...that is cars I'm speaking about! These are a few of the thousands of photos that I have taken over the years at this event (and a month later at the Reno Air Races).

Regards,

Edd

50 Cal Ford.JPG
Chevy's.JPG
Camaro SS.JPG
SS-396.JPG
Yellow.JPG

Last edited:
First off, my darling Deuch. Nothing can brighten my day like a drive in this car . After getting used to the steering and the leaning again it is a joy ride, as much fun or more than a merry-go-round. No, that is not a "For Sale" sign in the left rear window, it is a summary of the car for the curious.

La Deuch.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's the truth. Seems like everything gets styled in a wind tunnel nowadays in the endless search for efficiency.

Trouble is, they all sound up looking the same.
Chris, our Subaru Foresters look like a block of flats (apartments ... ), yet they are quite amazingly aerodynamic, specially for two box design vehicles.

1.5 tonnes dry, with 2.5L engines, yet will get roughly the same fuel economy as my original 850cc Mini that weighed 0.5 tonnes, on the open road, at the speed limit. About 39-40 UK miles to the UK gallon.

Slightly more drag than a 911 Porsche! 0.32 Vs 0.29, IIRC.

Back