Show "Car"

First local cruise of the season is Thursday. Weather is supposed to be good, I expect this to pull them out of the woodwork. Hopefully I'll see something that hasn't been there before.

For some reason I find it hard to get out of bed for the early Saturday morning Donut Derilicts gathering that happens just a couple of miles from me every Saturday morning.
I must be getting old in my old age.

_HVS3091a2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_HVS3093a2.jpg

Good Morning,

This modified Corvette came rumbling into the café (Vanilla Bean) I have breakfast at on weekends in nearby Pomfret this morning. Straight pipes from headers, so it was all there. We had a Connecticut State Trooper among us, in uniform, and kindly reminded the owner that next time out, it needs a bit of muting; everyone played nice...:drinks: He went back and closed the dump-plugs before he and his wife left. Our LEO's, along with the Rhode Island SP are top-shelf, IMHO.

Regards,

Edd

P6250003_DxO.jpg
P6250006_DxO.jpg
P6250007_DxO.jpg

Good Morning,

This modified Corvette came rumbling into the café (Vanilla Bean) I have breakfast at on weekends in nearby Pomfret this morning. Straight pipes from headers, so it was all there. We had a Connecticut State Trooper among us, in uniform, and kindly reminded the owner that next time out, it needs a bit of muting; everyone played nice...:drinks: He went back and closed the dump-plugs before he and his wife left. Our LEO's, along with the Rhode Island SP are top-shelf, IMHO.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 319014View attachment 319015View attachment 319016
That was cool of the Trooper but the owner should have known it wasn't cool to run open in the first place. I'd hate to be his neighbor as I'm sure it was/is loud.
We have a guy storing a Ferrari in a garage across the street from us and it apparently has a 'sport' setting for the exhaust system. It's more than annoying when he takes it out for a spin when that setting is used. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a car guy through and through too, but loud exhaust in a quiet neighborhood just doesn't play well IMO.

That was cool of the Trooper but the owner should have known it wasn't cool to run open in the first place. I'd hate to be his neighbor as I'm sure it was/is loud.
We have a guy storing a Ferrari in a garage across the street from us and it apparently has a 'sport' setting for the exhaust system. It's more than annoying when he takes it out for a spin when that setting is used. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a car guy through and through too, but loud exhaust in a quiet neighborhood just doesn't play well IMO.
I agree with you 100%; my trooper friend did a palm-face when he realized it was rolling into the parking lot. He is a "cool operator" as we say, and was totally professional with the couple.

So it's been hot here and I slept with the window open. This morning I could here the cars heading to the Donut Derilict car meet that happens down the road from us every Saturday morning. I figured why not go? So, I went. These are some of the cars that I saw there.
DSC03637 (Large).JPG

Yes it was still dark when I got there.
DSC03639 (Large).JPG

These are all SOOC except for resizing with my image resizer program.
DSC03641 (Large) (2).JPG

And that 914 was cropped after resizing.
DSC03649 (Large).JPG

This is a hot rod gathering that welcomes just about anything you can bring to it.
DSC03650 (Large).JPG

This has to be one of the most beautiful Caddies I've ever seen.
DSC03661 (Large).JPG

I wonder what the '57 Chevy would have been like if it had these fins...
DSC03665 (Large).JPG

This M-B was undoubtedly the most expensive car there today.
DSC03719 (Large).JPG

Big rear tires are a thing at this gathering.
DSC03726 (Large).JPG

The gentleman on the right owns the car and drives it on the street all the time. No car payments either.

On the way back from a morning trip to the convenience store I noticed that the local car club was having breakfast at the dinner. I couldn’t resist sneaking in next to such fine company and grabbing a shot. That’s my ride on the far end; it doesn’t qualify for this club but it is a great condition 2004 Town Car that has not been modified.
P1103549.JPG

So it's been hot here and I slept with the window open. This morning I could here the cars heading to the Donut Derilict car meet that happens down the road from us every Saturday morning. I figured why not go? So, I went. These are some of the cars that I saw there.
View attachment 329288
Yes it was still dark when I got there.
View attachment 329289

These are all SOOC except for resizing with my image resizer program.
View attachment 329290
And that 914 was cropped after resizing.
View attachment 329291
This is a hot rod gathering that welcomes just about anything you can bring to it.
View attachment 329292
This has to be one of the most beautiful Caddies I've ever seen.
View attachment 329294
I wonder what the '57 Chevy would have been like if it had these fins...
View attachment 329295
This M-B was undoubtedly the most expensive car there today.
View attachment 329297
Big rear tires are a thing at this gathering.
View attachment 329298
The gentleman on the right owns the car and drives it on the street all the time. No car payments either.
Awesome collection.
That Cadillac certainly has personality.
The Falcon certainly has big feet. You'd roll a cricket pitch with it
Might have to go easy on the throttle :giggle:

Back