Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

-
A bump for this amazing thread. My attempt from this morning.

Pentax K-r with Tamron SP 90mm - 3 bracketed images tone-mapped.

5969051789_f33b0d70c9_b.jpg

Clouds 246 by stillshunter, on Flickr

The Elysian fields and seas below. Breathtaking, Mark and if you tell me that this is a view from your "front yard" I may have to let you know that we are planning a photo vacation for Serious Compacts members! We'll also be visiting Peter's seaside - complete with those amazing saltwater filled pools and stop by to see Sue and Bill and all our other Aussie members!:drinks:

P.S. I also want a western USA tour planned!

Close to Dutch Harbor.

p244065323-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p107923138-5.jpg

p366102814-5.jpg

Proverbial hole in the sky. Ozzy would be proud.

p330466497-5.jpg

Yes. First we flew from Anchorage to Dutch. Then flew on the Goose to Akutan. Her contract lasted two weeks and we were to go to Whittier. The weather was too bad when we were to fly out on the Goose, but it just so happens the ferry was coming in that morning on it's monthly trip along the Aleutian Islands and stopped in Akutan with it's next stop in Dutch. It was cold on the deck of that ferry, but I got some pretty good pics.

No, they are raw images converted to jpeg. I used a autopano program for the first and third photos. For DP1 it is best to use the raw and convert. Its dynamic range is very good (compared to Canon dslrs/Sony nex) so it is easy to get hdr type of photos from one shot.

serhan,
are those taken on "art filter" program?

From this morning, a pre-sunrise shot at Wollongong with the Nuns' Pool in bottom right...

6016057873_38d8afdb4c_b.jpg

Wollongong Head Lighthouse and the Nuns Pool by peterb666, on Flickr

Don't think I posted this one from yesterday, the Nuns' Pool with a near cloudless sunrise. It isn't the easist thing to get to as you need low tide and a low swell. Pity the sky didn't co-operate...

6014422708_1834804075_b.jpg

The Nuns' Pool 2 by peterb666, on Flickr

Back