Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

Lets see if I can get this right. Didn't realise I was abusing the flickr TOS, before :(

View attachment 42032

Lake Macquarie NSW

6179958727_1c85eff7bc_z.jpg

Tuggerah Lake, Central Coast, NSW

Both taken with an Olympus mju1020 (akak Stylus1020) at 5Mp. I found 10 to be too noisy and did not have decent tools for noise reduction at the time.

Peter, I've been wondering where you'd been and just saw your post over on the Steve Jobs RIP thread... It turns out I've missed several of your photographs of late!:eek::redface: I am so relieved to know you haven't given up your pools! Have you made a book yet?

Is there some HDR going on in this one - there's a surreal dream like feel to it...not that there isn't often with these but this one seems a little different to me. I do like it very much.

Hi bb

I have been travelling to visit my niece in Melbourne and sister in the coastal town of Bermagui 400km south of Sydney. I have been having trouble uploading photos. There are some recent photos in one of the b+w theads.

From memory, the photo is a manual blend of images and has been desaturated and then had the vibrance increased to accentuate the bleakness while removing the excessive blue in the clouds. Some of it may be HDR but most of it is not.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Much appreciated, Peter - but sorry to read that you've been having trouble uploading. Please post in the Help and Feedback if there's anything you think we need to do to fix things.

Meanwhile enjoy your travels, your family and I'll be over to check out the B&W thread, for sure.

Peter, thanks for showing these three. I think it's pretty interesting to see where these places are in the larger context and to learn more about how you go about achieving your pictures. 1. What a beautiful place! and 2. That one you took showing the footsteps in the wet sand...with the blue sky's reflection...:cloud-9-039:

Lili, that sunset is an explosion of light!

Back