Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

Very nice pic, was the rain equally dramatic? Been grey and drizzle here much of the day, boring and unphotogenic 😒
Apparently on 13 June we had twice the average rainfall for the month of June in that one day.
Since then it's been on and off showers and grey skies. It is our winter, so to be expected - but it was rather a hectic storm

Apparently on 13 June we had twice the average rainfall for the month of June in that one day.
Since then it's been on and off showers and grey skies. It is our winter, so to be expected - but it was rather a hectic storm
Echoes of the discussion on the Fuji forum, extremes are becomong more frequent, no rain or too much.
Temperatures here for 2 days in the high 20s, now down to half that again .

Gerry

Echoes of the discussion on the Fuji forum, extremes are becomong more frequent, no rain or too much.
Temperatures here for 2 days in the high 20s, now down to half that again .

Gerry
Gerry, those of us in our 70s have seen these weather cycles occur a number of times over our lifetimes. There really is nothing extraordinary about them.

What is extraordinary is that the world's population has doubled, then doubled again since my birth. This is not sustainable ...

Gerry, those of us in our 70s have seen these weather cycles occur a number of times over our lifetimes. There really is nothing extraordinary about them.

What is extraordinary is that the world's population has doubled, then doubled again since my birth. This is not sustainable ...
I had my 78th birthhday last week, and have been growing vegetables in my garden(s) for nearly 50 years, and even in England's moderate climate it is becoming more difficult each year, with dry spells folowed by torrential rain.
I think discussion of climate change on a photo forum is likely to get tedious and acrimonious, so I won't pursue it, but it does provide dramatic opportunities for photos, which Irene has taken very well.

Gerry

I had my 78th birthhday last week, and have been growing vegetables in my garden(s) for nearly 50 years, and even in England's moderate climate it is becoming more difficult each year, with dry spells folowed by torrential rain.
I think discussion of climate change on a photo forum is likely to get tedious and acrimonious, so I won't pursue it, but it does provide dramatic opportunities for photos, which Irene has taken very well.

Gerry
Thank you both (and everyone) for being considerate - sharing observations is fine, speculations as to what causes what tend to get opinionated and/or political quickly, so it's very advisable to follow Gerry's lead here and stay away from them. Do remember the "No politics" policy, please.

That said, I'll state here that it has become quite difficult to keep track of all the things that have been politicised in the last couple of years - so, again, consideration is growing ever more important.

M.

Sunrise at Hensley...
50Z_4428.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back