Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

More blooming heather.
P8140044_DxO.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P8140032_DxO.jpg

This mornings sunrise from the Peak District.

As usual I got there well before sunrise to be greeted with fog and mist everywhere,my favourite conditions.. When I turned the camera on for my first photo my heart sank,no battery. No problem I always have a spare. I put the spare in and it was flashing red :doh: I couldn't believe it.
I've been here many times and never seen an inversion and here I am with hardly any power.
After several minutes cursing I calmed down and waited for it to get light enough to take photos. As it happened I ended up taking 81 shots before the battery died.
P8280167_DxO-1.jpg
P8280165_DxO.jpg

As usual I got there well before sunrise to be greeted with fog and mist everywhere,my favourite conditions.. When I turned the camera on for my first photo my heart sank,no battery. No problem I always have a spare. I put the spare in and it was flashing red :doh: I couldn't believe it.
I've been here many times and never seen an inversion and here I am with hardly any power.
After several minutes cursing I calmed down and waited for it to get light enough to take photos. As it happened I ended up taking 81 shots before the battery died.
View attachment 332317View attachment 332318
Breath-takingly magical and gorgeous!

View attachment 332317View attachment 332318
Lovely shots.

Thank goodness for the better battery warning from the E-M1 MkII onwards, Phil!

My E-M1 MkI goes from warning to off in about 5 seconds ...

I also always carry a spare, and set the battery warning flag to its most forgiving setting.

About every six months, I run every camera battery through the chargers, whether (supposedly) charged or not. About 20 batteries in all. Four different chargers.

Lovely shots.

Thank goodness for the better battery warning from the E-M1 MkII onwards, Phil!

My E-M1 MkI goes from warning to off in about 5 seconds ...

I also always carry a spare, and set the battery warning flag to its most forgiving setting.

About every six months, I run every camera battery through the chargers, whether (supposedly) charged or not. About 20 batteries in all. Four different chargers.
As it happens John I had two of those batteries in the bag, I sometimes carry my Pen-F as back up.

Back