Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

Thank you BB and Peter, I wish that for the first shot I had a super wide angle or something similar :)

Well the widest lens I have is a 10-24mm for the D90 which gives a full-frame equivalent of 15mm. Up until 2 years ago, the widest I had was 28mm with a 0.7x wide converter (Sony DSC-V3) and quite frankly never used the wide converter.

This morning I was cursing the 10mm as not being wide enough. The sky was moving too fast to do a multi-shot panorama and the one I attempted didn't work as there was stuff in the foreground but you should give it a try.

Sunset at the US Air Force Memorial in WDC. Couldn't quite get wide enough to catch the very top of the spires, and it was much too wet and cold to lay on my back. I'll save a retry for the spring.

NEX-5 & 18-55mm @18mm
DSC00032.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Andy. It's certainly well appreciated on the weekends - as is the 100+ acres buffer zone sheltering me from my neighbours (or is it the other way around :confused:). However, on weekdays it does mean a L O N G drive to a L O N G day at work.

sunrise at Start Point 22nd January 2011

Two from this morning at Start Point on what turned out to be a very chilly shot. Both shots with a Panasonic GF1 fitted with Voigtlander 12mm, f/5.6 lens, both @ f/11

1000909.jpg

1000916.jpg

1000916_2.jpg

This third image is a duplicate of the second, but it has been reprocessed using a graduated ND filter plug in for Bibble Pro 5 to lighten the foreground and hopefully improve the overall image.

Barrie

Gosh, this is a superb thread of pictures. I've missed a few days and am finding my mouth hanging open in awe. I can't even begin to start by going back in time here, but just want to say Thank You!

Your efforts and your eye for the moment are greatly appreciated. I'm living vicariously through all of these - and am in heaven.

Gosh, this is a superb thread of pictures. I've missed a few days and am finding my mouth hanging open in awe. I can't even begin to start by going back in time here, but just want to say Thank You!

Your efforts and your eye for the moment are greatly appreciated. I'm living vicariously through all of these - and am in heaven.

You need to get yourself a 'proper' camera BB!!! :tomato2::D

Back