Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

Here is another shot from Lurline Bay picking up some nice colours from the morning sun.

5437392817_0a247b1aea_b.jpg

Lurline Bay Panorama by peterb666, on Flickr

There is a single 3-stop reverse grad bing used in this shot.

This one was shot with my Nikon D90 and 10-24mm lens. I have another panorama in the pano thread shot with my Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 but it is very different even though it was taken just 15 minutes later as it had started raining and the golden light had gone. Still, both magnificant in very different ways.

Edit: - I hadn't noticed before but there is quite a lot of curvature in the horizon in the above shot. The pano stitching does a good job of joining the rocks and the elements in the sky but cannot manage to also get the horizon right in the process.

For me in this image it feels as though the totem is wishing those ships godspeed. There is a lovely, quiet simplicity in this scene... Are those two people at the end of the breakwater? If so, I can now read even more into this image, Kevin.

I want to thank you and the other members for taking the photos you do and sharing them here because it just underscores my desire to travel to many of these places.

For me in this image it feels as though the totem is wishing those ships godspeed. There is a lovely, quiet simplicity in this scene... Are those two people at the end of the breakwater? If so, I can now read even more into this image, Kevin.

I want to thank you and the other members for taking the photos you do and sharing them here because it just underscores my desire to travel to many of these places.

Yes that is a couple sitting there ... I waited a while to get a better silhouette of them but my patience ran out as it was cold!

a few

Thought I would add a few here. Sunrise and sunset create such amazing moments.

DSC02231.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01958.JPG

DSC01936.JPG

"modest and unspectacular"??? Me thinks thou hath become jaded, Peter! My reaction upon seeing this arise here was - "Another amazingly beautiful ocean beach sky vision!"

Nah, I like the photos. It was nature that was relatively unspectacular.

It has been a little while since I have done 2 sunrises on consecutive mornings. This morning I caught up with a friend and we went out to Shelly Beach near Cronulla. I have done this site before but not for a while and the weather forecast looked promising.

5480318337_8830399a2c_z.jpg

Shelly Beach Pool 1 by peterb666, on Flickr

5480319237_5949effd6f_z.jpg

Shelly Beach Pool 3 by peterb666, on Flickr

5480920660_87e4e982e5_z.jpg

Shelly Beach Pool 4 by peterb666, on Flickr

That sequence is from before first light to after sunrise.

To cap it off, a panorama made from around 5 shots using my Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95...

5480318075_382871bc46_b.jpg

Shelly Park Panorama OV by peterb666, on Flickr

The light was quickly turning dull by then as rain clouds replaced the morning show. The idea had been to capture the "golden hour" light but it didn't work out like that. This panorama started out as 7 portrait shots but I discarded 2 on the right as I couldn't get the waves to mesh up in a pleasing manner. Panoramas including waves are always fairly difficult. While the pool at Shelly Beach is a great spot, the beach is almost a non-entity.

A nice little morning.

Sunrise

These were taken from my bedroom window a few days ago. The first two were taken using the cameras Sunset mode. The second two were taken in program mode, vivid.

DSC02354.JPG

DSC02348.JPG

DSC02359.JPG

DSC02360.JPG

Gee, I've missed this thread - and hadn't seen Antonio's back on February 27th, either!

Mother Nature has got the palette to end all palettes. Many thanks to all for your photographs of these moments from so many different places.

Back