Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

You're a lucky fellow Ray - a month on the beach!! Dive under the waves for me!

It's more out of necessity than holiday - the first floor of our home, plus our two upstairs bathrooms, are being totally torn up and renovated and it's a 4-5 week job. I came out yesterday after the walk-through - demolition was starting as I was leaving and I think all of the walls are gone from our first floor by now. We didn't want to try to live through having no kitchen and mostly no bathrooms for a month, so we found the cheapest little place at the shore we could, since we usually come down for a couple of weeks each summer anyway. Spending as little for five weeks as we usually do for 2-3, and it's not like we're going for luxury THEN either. We figured it would be pretty crummy and we wouldn't be able to wait to get back to our "new" home, but damned if this beach place didn't turn out to be OK. Pretty comfortable really. So I guess we'll just have to find a way to enjoy ourselves! :redface:

Such problems to have....

-Ray

Really lovely Bart - which exotic location is that one from?

-Ray
The black blocky silhouets in the foreground are some houses of Sidi Ifni, Morocco. I was a bit unfortunate with my location at the time of sunset (or really it was my own fault for lingering); I'd been spending some time at the seafront in town, watching the sun get lower and lower, and then decided to rush towards Legzira Plage (a beach with beautiful stone arches) when it was already a bit too late. So when this dramatic sunset happened (one of the best sunsets I've ever seen) I was on the road to this beach but not really in a location that was scenic of itself; I only arrived at the arches well after sunset.:doh:

The previous day, the sunset had been really hazy, very atmospheric:
14345809240_a78b2f9a0c_b.jpg

Sidi sunset 3 by bartjeej, on Flickr

14512570355_84a1cf8b10_b.jpg

Sidi sunset by bartjeej, on Flickr

14345844159_a80e61640d_b.jpg

Sidi sunset - transition by bartjeej, on Flickr

e4b10fea8230a2ba592c44ba8aa565a5.jpg

Back