Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

M62 (M sixtyPoo)as its known in our neck of the woods.. taken from suicide bridge ..such an oppressed spot..more so by being the moors murderers victims burial area...It is also the highest point on any UK motorway.
IMGP1555-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The question becomes, will you prefer a technically straight horizon at the expense of imbalance in the picture, or will you straighten the horizon based on what's perceived should be straight.
I look at the horizon line but more importantly is to look at the water as a flat plane. To me the plane seems to be tilted. This agrees with the perceived line of the horizon. An horizon line isn't always there but if the plane of the water surface is out of wack it gives an uncomfortable and distracting feeling to the photo even if not readily apparent. Just MHO. I think that I'm more sensitive to this than most.

Thanks for the complement John and the "winner" emoticon, but I gotta explain. I'm having issues with my browser and it is running waaay slow, so I switched to Edge and just grabbed this image as a test shot with more MPs. Edge IS running faster than google Chrome.
Microsoft got badly done in court in the US Supreme Court for forcing people to use Internet Explorer as their sole browser in the 1990s.

It seems that from at least Windows 10 onwards, Microsoft is yet again shoving Edge down our throats, regardless of the selected preferred Internet browser ...

I use Brave and Firefox, mainly because I have little trust in either Google or Microsoft.

I use Brave and Firefox, mainly because I have little trust in either Google or Microsoft.
Same here. Brave's Chrome as it should be (mostly - their nag screens aren't encouraging, but tracking prevention is rather advanced), but if your computer can stomach it, Firefox and a host of extensions is the most obvious choice to prevent big tech parasites from exploiting your data.

M.

My browser issues stem from the last Google Chrome update; it slowed down to a crawl, especially posting pictures. I have to reduce the size to 1800 on the long side and it still may not post. I tried Firefox and it uses huge resources to even run, so now I'm using edge for posting images and Chrome for most other stuff. :mad:

My browser issues stem from the last Google Chrome update; it slowed down to a crawl, especially posting pictures. I have to reduce the size to 1800 on the long side and it still may not post. I tried Firefox and it uses huge resources to even run, so now I'm using edge for posting images and Chrome for most other stuff. :mad:
John, have you tried Brave? We use it as the default browser on all our PCs and Android devices. Works well, and is also Chrome based. Unlike Google, it is (hopefully) not skimming everything ...

John, have you tried Brave? We use it as the default browser on all our PCs and Android devices. Works well, and is also Chrome based. Unlike Google, it is (hopefully) not skimming everything ...
I have not, wasn't even aware of it. I'll investigate; but will continue using Edge. I just posted an image in Flowers that was about 7.5 MP, and it almost stalled, but came through. Posting took around a minute, I thought it would time out on this platform like Chrome has been doing.

I have not, wasn't even aware of it. I'll investigate; but will continue using Edge. I just posted an image in Flowers that was about 7.5 MP, and it almost stalled, but came through. Posting took around a minute, I thought it would time out on this platform like Chrome has been doing.
I have posted images that are full sized, LSF JPEGs from my 16 MPx E-PM2 just fine using Brave from my tablet. One was 10.3 MB and 4308x3456 here:

Post in thread 'EXIF missing 'make' & 'model' on some images' Feedback - EXIF missing 'make' & 'model' on some images

There's Chrome behind Edge anyway (the browsing engine), has been for quite some time by now. What's "better" is only who you donate your data to ...

Firefox or Brave both do better - a well-configured Brave stops making a nuisance of itself pretty quickly. Firefox is a bit heavier on your resources, but rock solid otherwise. And I've been using it on all kinds of machines, even on very frugal Windows 10/11 setups (8GB of RAM, Pentium Silver processors), without much of a hitch (i.e. loading times are okay). That said, you'll be wanting 16GB of RAM (that's the ticket, really) and also at least a decent (i5 and up) processor on those platforms for a seemless browsing experience. My tiny Lenovo IdeaPad works quite nicely with a N5030 under the hood.

Just to make a tiny point (because I certainly don't want you to spend uncalled-for money): the 12th-generation i-series processors run really smoothly ...

M.

I always make a separate copy of the picture for the web, with 1600 pixels on the long side, when I export from DXO. I have the export setup so it gives one fullsized copy in one folder and a web-sized one in another folder (the web-sized one get "Web" added to its name). Uploading to the forum goes fast and the forum SW don't have to convert the size (and I have control of the process).

I always make a separate copy of the picture for the web, with 1600 pixels on the long side, when I export from DXO. I have the export setup so it gives one fullsized copy in one folder and a web-sized one in another folder (the web-sized one get "Web" added to its name). Uploading to the forum goes fast and the forum SW don't have to convert the size (and I have control of the process).
I do something similar, Bo.

However, you might be interested in the changes @Kevin has made here:

I have uploaded a larger file, and a full size LSF JPEG from my 16 MPx E-PM2, without the forum software altering them in any way. See further down Kevin's thread.

Newquay tonight
P2060620-01.jpeg
P2060627-01.jpeg
P2060628-01.jpeg
P2060629-01.jpeg
P2060614-01.jpeg
P2060612-01.jpeg
P2060591-01.jpeg
P2060592-01.jpeg
P2060603-01.jpeg

Nice sunrise too, Newquay..ignore the dustspot..edited quickly with snapseed.
P2070750-01.jpeg
P2070752-01.jpeg
P2070748-01.jpeg
P2070742-01.jpeg
P2070677-01.jpeg
P2070707-01.jpeg
P2070686-01.jpeg
P2070688-01.jpeg

Back