Scenic Show: Clouds

This was last night's sunset view from our balcony (Xiaomi mobile phone & Snapseed)

1652863087339.png

That is a wonderful shot Irene, do you get many like that? Never seen anything like it up north!

Gerry
We are fortunate to have a front row view of the sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean from our upstairs deck and each evening presents a different spectacle.

No, like this? Not often. It was quite something to watch develop and change, with the rays piercing through and reflecting on the sea!

We've had a late summer with unexpectedly hot weather which changed rapidly to rain today with thunder in some areas, so these were the clouds building up for that release

We are fortunate to have a front row view of the sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean from our upstairs deck and each evening presents a different spectacle.

No, like this? Not often. It was quite something to watch develop and change, with the rays piercing through and reflecting on the sea!

We've had a late summer with unexpectedly hot weather which changed rapidly to rain today with thunder in some areas, so these were the clouds building up for that release
I've never seen the effect of the low sun extend up so far into the sky. Where we go on the west coast of Wales we get wonderful sunsets, the flat we use is about 200m from the west facing sea front, so its easy to nip down if it looks promising, although energy reserves are becoming a problem if it's late now! I've taken many over the 40 years we've been going there, huge variety.

Gerry

During a quiet evening, as we were cruising somewhere over the central-eastern side of the US, I saw an airplane coming on our left side. As quickly as I could I took the camera, checked some settings and shot a couple frames. I wanted the airplane to be opposing the cloud, giving a sensation of balance to the photo, but I wasn't quick enough... I still like the scene though.

52103294712_1b813b9cf7_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Delicate cloud. by arturofajardo, on Flickr

Back