Show Contextual Bokeh!

Adventure in Paris, 10 years ago. Our girls just realised they can manage their way through the city and use the funny language they've learned at school. And now both have passed the language exam and are eligible of university studies in any of the French university 😳

25E715B4-CA94-4D19-94B2-894B1552A889.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Adventure in Paris, 10 years ago. Our girls just realised they can manage their way through the city and use the funny language they've learned at school. And now both have passed the language exam and are eligible of university studies in any of the French university 😳

View attachment 263395
Possibly my favourite part of that city too. I always start from that point, a nice downhill walk from there.

Real Name
Matt
The central hole makes it look like a vertebra. And not of a very small animal. My 2 cents.
That would make the animal in question very big - but you have a point, from its general shape (which isn't that well visible from the chosen angle), it's quite possible.

A cow or a horse bone, then - cow, most likely, probably something used as a model (it's right on top of a street art wall ...).

M.

Real Name
Matt
My guess would be something between a cat(small) and a cow(large). Something more like a sheep .
The web's abundant with surprisingly deep material on the matter:

Of course, I could go on, this is only scratching the surface :D

Anyway, I think the DeviantArt link tells us where this comes from (the School of Art and Design is only half a kilometre away). And the last link shows a possible source ...

Bottom line for me:
a) This bone's been seriously mutilated and then (or because of that) thrown away;
b) I'll never know for sure. However, sheep and cows are numerous around here. The size made me say "cow", but I'm *not* going to measure it.

So much context, so little time ... ;)

M.

Top Bottom