Bokeh!

D75_3791.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

30783612297_8a2fa6d756_h.jpg

Farmer Anne - Coubon, France - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-22
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Mademoiselle Anne posing with the "lovelies" in the hills of Coubon, France.

You can see the village of Coubon in the background. We had at this point started our climb out of the river valley.

Day 1 of 12 - Le Puy-en-Velay to Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Four shots. Four cameras.
All small pocketable or semi-pocketable cameras, that are or were easy to have with me.
The first from this week, taken with my (still new to me, but lightly used) Ricoh GR II. The bokeh is more subtle here but comes closer to what was in the back of my mind's eye right before I took this exposure--

GRII_May5_Ancient_Ford_pickup#6.jpg

The second taken last year, on a trip to Mexico, with my small Canon G1x Mkiii, a brilliant little picture-taking machine which is surprisingly capable in low-light situations, in spite of its 'slow' ƒ/3.5 zoom lens--

Envuelto-Wrapped_Up.jpg

The third from four years ago, on a camping trip in Mt. Lassen National Volcanic park. Taken with a former camera that accompanied me to many places, thanks to its tiny semi-pocketable size, my old Lumix GM5, and the tiny 12-32mm zoom, which I (happily) still have--

PineCone-EKbwPop.jpg

The fourth and last from nearly 7 years ago, taken with my old E-Pl5 and the tiny 14mm pancake lens, one of my mu43 favorites. This was taken in a low-rent district of a small Oregon town, along the main highway, in a spot where smokers used to congregate.

Rural Ashtray 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back