Show "Farming"

Z60_4161.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Experimenting with quoting/replying? ;) Anyhow, the image is in the message twice. If you can't figure out to get things sorted, I'll do it for you.

In a thread that's been running for so long, there's no need to refer to the first post anyway. Generally, it's good style to use "Reply" if you join a discussion, but not an image thread, except if your image is a direct response to one you find. Herman's image is long gone, unfortunately - eaten by one of the server moves or mergers ...

M.

Experimenting with quoting/replying? ;) Anyhow, the image is in the message twice. If you can't figure out to get things sorted, I'll do it for you.

In a thread that's been running for so long, there's no need to refer to the first post anyway. Generally, it's good style to use "Reply" if you join a discussion, but not an image thread, except if your image is a direct response to one you find. Herman's image is long gone, unfortunately - eaten by one of the server moves or mergers ...

M.

Obviously my mind is not synchronized with this forum :-( My assumptions are usually incorrect. For example, while writing a reply I might open a new browser window to check a word's spelling or precise meaning. When I dismiss the new window, the window containing my reply magically has a different forum page and I have search for my reply page. I am sure there is a "logical" reason for this but I am not inclined to experiment to discover the rationale.

I tend to use "reply" for all of my posts, obviously with many errors. I find it awkward when my reply to is not physically where I expect it to me in the thread flow.

Obviously my mind is not synchronized with this forum :-( My assumptions are usually incorrect. For example, while writing a reply I might open a new browser window to check a word's spelling or precise meaning. When I dismiss the new window, the window containing my reply magically has a different forum page and I have search for my reply page. I am sure there is a "logical" reason for this but I am not inclined to experiment to discover the rationale.

I tend to use "reply" for all of my posts, obviously with many errors. I find it awkward when my reply to is not physically where I expect it to me in the thread flow.
Go to the last page of a thread and just create a new post. That's the way to do it. The start of thread may be years in the past and thus hardly ever is a good reference point.

On a more general note, being used to something doesn't make it right in any way. That's true either way - I truely hated the "reply-to-a-reply-to-a-reply-dotted-lines-ad-infinitum" style on DPR. But don't worry - it'll become second nature quickly once you stop fighting it.

If you want to reply to a post as in this case, your method is fine - just not if you want to "only" post an image, which is nevertheless the major way of contributing to this board.

M.

Go to the last page of a thread and just create a new post. That's the way to do it. The start of thread may be years in the past and thus hardly ever is a good reference point.

On a more general note, being used to something doesn't make it right in any way. That's true either way - I truely hated the "reply-to-a-reply-to-a-reply-dotted-lines-ad-infinitum" style on DPR. But don't worry - it'll become second nature quickly once you stop fighting it.

If you want to reply to a post as in this case, your method is fine - just not if you want to "only" post an image, which is nevertheless the major way of contributing to this board.

M.

Every forum that I have used (Fred Miranda, TOP, DPR, Model Mayhem, etc) have generally been time and positionally consistent with "my" postings. They are easy to follow for the most part. That does not make it correct, however it establishes a certain expectations

I had the chance to spend some time in a relative's farm in central Poland this summer. Due to the fertile ground in this area, it was relatively prosperous community of farmers in the past. With the massive migration of the 90s the village started declining until the last few years when a number of factories (Thule, Amica etc.. ) drew some younger population back in the area. So this area now is a mixture of newly built estates and declining farms.

ScanImage527.jpg

Potatoes is the main vegetable grown in the area. Due to EU regulations posing restrictions regarding keeping livestock in populated areas most farmers switched to growing potatoes.
ScanImage516.jpg

ScanImage524.jpg

In the past there used to be a small population of protestants - you can find quite a few deserted churches like this scattered around.
ScanImage526.jpg

In general my kids love visiting our relatives there - they treat the area as a massive playground.
ScanImage525.jpg

Attachments

• ScanImage525.jpg
    ScanImage525.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 22
Back