Show "Flag"

42131587492_f851b3e46a_k.jpg
Pacific Eden - 2016-04
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Built in 1993, the United Kingdom flagged, 55,877gt 219.21m P&O passenger ship, the PACIFIC EDEN [IMO 8919245 ] departing F Passenger Terminal berth at Fremantle Port May 17, 2016.

At this time the PACIFIC EDEN was currently sailing regularly out of Fremantle during the southern winter sailing season according to reports in the West Australian newspaper. However since the mining boom came off the boil by 2017 I don't think she has visited Fremantle again.

49940547371_b6257a8ff2_h.jpg

The Indonesian Democratic party of Struggle
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

There was an election on at the time of our visit to Bali in October 2018 so flags of The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle and others were common.

The current President of Indonesia, Joko Widodo is a member of this party which may explain why they were more prevalent than other party’s flags.

flags.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Stars and Stripes fluttering behind Lady Liberty in New York harbor circa 1975. This is a scan from an Ektachrome slide made using an Olympus OM-2 with a 200 mm f/ 5 Zuiko lens. I was in the right seat of a Piper 140 piloted by my friend and business partner. We were doing "turns about a point" using the Statue of Liberty as the point. No one took exception to this act in 1975 - today we might be shot down as terrorists!
(Previously posted in other Cameraderie threads.)
Statue of Liberty.jpg

Plane and pilot (on another mission) after landing near Penn State University. (Made with the same Olympus OM-2 using a 50 mm f/1.8 Zuiko lens.)
RauschLoRes.jpg

Last edited:
Back