Show: "Flare"

D75_3637.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

I like the IQ as well and the flare 'option' doesn't bother me since I only use it on the Df so, I see what's happening.
I can shade the lens with my hand or hat and the flare is gone.
I'm not particularly impressed with the build quality though: bit wobbly and that it doesn't show "in focus" on the infinity mark.
Then there's the fact that the focus ring turns the opposite way the indicators show :rolleyes:
But it was quite cheap and was by far the widest lens I had at that time: it took me from 24 to 17.
Strangely enough, I find this lens rather light and small.
This is the one you mean, Tony?

I used to have one of these, and it worked very well on a Fuji X-T2. I never had a quarrel with the IQ, it was just bigger than I wanted to carry while out hiking or biking.

I like the IQ as well and the flare 'option' doesn't bother me since I only use it on the Df so, I see what's happening.
I can shade the lens with my hand or hat and the flare is gone.
I'm not particularly impressed with the build quality though: bit wobbly and that it doesn't show "in focus" on the infinity mark.
Then there's the fact that the focus ring turns the opposite way the indicators show :rolleyes:
But it was quite cheap and was by far the widest lens I had at that time: it took me from 24 to 17.
Strangely enough, I find this lens rather light and small.
This is the one you mean, Tony?
That's it. As I recall, the adapter to fit the Tokina 17mm on the X-T2 increased the size a fair bit. It wasn't terrible, but I guess I was comparing it to the Fuji XF 18mm f2.

Now that you've posted that link, I'm going to have to pick up one of those lenses with a D3100. Thanks. :D

I have to correct my previous posts. I had the Tokina 17mm on an X-T1 not an X-T2. Still, images were very nice:

The Real Silver Effex Thread and Gallery is now online.

Yes, I still keep forgetting the necessary adapters.
Native lenses can of course always be smaller/lighter. I only have 1 native lens for the mirrorless I use. In my mind it's basically a platform for old lenses, mostly m42 lenses.

That's it. As I recall, the adapter to fit the Tokina 17mm on the X-T2 increased the size a fair bit. It wasn't terrible, but I guess I was comparing it to the Fuji XF 18mm f2.

Now that you've posted that link, I'm going to have to pick up one of those lenses with a D3100. Thanks. :D

Back