Nature Show "Flowers"

DSCF9809.jpg

Fuji X-T1, XF35

Thanks, John. I know photos don't take themselves, but photos of flowers will definitely meet you more than halfway. And sometimes the insects will join in too.
Agree, Lyle. Serendipity always plays a part. 'My' bee isn't a trained one either. Sheer serendipity ...

e-30_jak_2009-pa240071_Ew.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice one Walter. I have just bought a flash, and intend to learn the 'fill flash' technique to photograph bugs in conjunction with my close-up lenses. Any advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks Charles. I don't use flash but I know I have to learn this, too.
If you want good advice from one who has the most stunning macro photos I've come across and who freely shares all his knowledge with lots of good advice just have a look at Mark's website:
For all of his photo links go to Nature's Place
He explains a lot about lighting (he uses self-made diffusers for softening the flashlight), tells you why he does not use tripods and what he uses instead. And he gives lots of good tips for getting really good shots explaining exactly what he's doing and how. A person who sees Photography as meditation.

Last edited:
Thanks Charles. I don't use flash but I know I have to learn this, too.
If you want good advice from one who has the most stunning macro photos I've come across and who freely shares all his knowledge with lots of good advice just have a look at Mark's website:
For all of his photo links go to Nature's Place
He explains a lot about lighting (he uses self-made diffusers for softening the flashlight), tells you why he does not use tripods and what he uses instead. And he gives lots of good tips for getting really good shots explaining exactly what he's doing and how. A person who sees Photography as meditation.
Wonderful, wonderful information Walter. I thank you so much, and for your pointer to Mark's websites. I haven't come across them previously.

Back