• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum, join now for free! Welcome! 欢迎! स्वागत हे! ようこそ!

Show "Flowers"

Rdices

Regular
Jan 18, 2016
I'm sorry didn't respond sooner, I'm not getting any replies through my email for some reason but the lens is a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 + Vivitar 2X Teleconverter.
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

D

dalethorn

The flower I don't know, but I suspect that a lot of the locals who display these at their homes and gardens have imported them, possibly without proper clearance. Maybe not this flower, but some of them anyway.

Canon SX720, f3.3, 1/30 sec. handheld, ISO 80.

D

dalethorn

While not a flower exactly, I figured this might be the best place to post it. This plant is growing flat against a wall, and no part sticks out more than an inch from what I saw. I wouldn't even have the photo if it hadn't been for some people walking by, one of whom pointed it out to the other person.

Canon SX720, f5.0, 1/50 sec. handheld, ISO 80.

D

dalethorn

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
This made me think - on another thread there were some comments about how difficult solid red flowers can be at times. But here looks like a great solution - break up the solid color with the water drops.

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
This made me think - on another thread there were some comments about how difficult solid red flowers can be at times. But here looks like a great solution - break up the solid color with the water drops.
there is red clipping going on here, too. The only solution is to underexpose. In post one can just decrease the exposure of the red channel. The most egregious offenders (to me eye) are in the largest petal to the right, there are some weird, abrupt transitions from red to magenta.

Top Bottom