Nature Show "Flowers"

I always say I don't like doing flower shots, but over the past year or so I've found myself doing it more and more anyway. I'm not sure why - I still find shooting flowers a bit trite - I mean, what can we ADD to an already beautiful flower? But, nonetheless, I seem to have lost that argument with myself and sometimes it's nice to just shoot something that's already pretty for the sake of doing it and being able to see it long after it's gone...

So here are a couple of recent ones, both from the amazing New York City Park system, which must have an amazing crew and budget JUST for taking care of the flowers, because they're always sublimely well done and well cared for in those parks. Both with the XE2 and Fuji 60mm lens...

13969196350_3e395febc4_h.jpg
New York-153-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14173664095_197859578f_h.jpg
NYC Monday-41-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

And some ferns from a restaurant window over breakfast one day, with one of the flowery parks right outside...

14175917043_79402a4d50_h.jpg
New York-11-Edit-3 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

SOOC RAF file via Lightroom. X Pro 1 and 18-55 lens

Attachments

• PRP12736.jpg
    PRP12736.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 120
Nice ones, John. I can't remember the last time I saw your wife's photos of flowers, but I do remember thinking that it's a waste of time for anyone else to shoot them after seeing her shots. Seems like you might be catching up. Does she still shoot?

Nice ones, John. I can't remember the last time I saw your wife's photos of flowers, but I do remember thinking that it's a waste of time for anyone else to shoot them after seeing her shots. Seems like you might be catching up. Does she still shoot?

Thanks. I'm not there yet - my wife simply sees the world in a different way and captures it so differently than me. She still shoots, but now it's birds for identification, not art. She's taken over my V1, and enjoys her garden just by sitting in it and looking.

(If anyone is interested in what Luke's talking about.. Floral Abstractions)

Thanks. I'm not there yet - my wife simply sees the world in a different way and captures it so differently than me. She still shoots, but now it's birds for identification, not art. She's taken over my V1, and enjoys her garden just by sitting in it and looking.

(If anyone is interested in what Luke's talking about.. Floral Abstractions)

Oh... wow... Those shots are soooo beautiful... the artistic value in those shots are indescribable.

Oh... wow... Those shots are soooo beautiful... the artistic value in those shots are indescribable.

Great. I showed my wife Priscilla your compliments. She was very thankful, and now she's stolen my Pentax K-3 and is out taking more photos. I blame you guys LOL.

Back