Nature Show "Flowers"

DSCF0449-C1-C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ah, so you folks have have Quince over there, too. It's blooming here now, and its distinctive blooms are always a welcome sight this time of year.
Thanks for that, Tony - I had mistaken this for a more common decorative plant (a smaller variant with very small, apple-shaped fruit, non-edible), but you're right, of course. The intriguing thing is that this one grows clearly off-track - no-one's going to pick the fruit, I guess. Interesting ...

M.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Tony - I had mistaken this for a more common decorative plant (a smaller variant with very small, apple-shaped fruit, non-edible), but you're right, of course. The intriguing thing is that this one grows clearly off-track - no-one's going to pick the fruit, I guess. Interesting ...

M.
Actually Matt, I'm told if one picks the fruit at the right time in Autumn, it makes for a tasty jelly when prepared properly. I know I did try to taste the fruit once, and it is very astringent and bitter right off the twig. Have no idea what is needed to make the jelly palatable.

Actually Matt, I'm told if one picks the fruit at the right time in Autumn, it makes for a tasty jelly when prepared properly. I know I did try to taste the fruit once, and it is very astringent and bitter right off the twig. Have no idea what is needed to make the jelly palatable.
My grandma actually used to make that jelly ... I'm not into jelly in general, but I used to love that particular flavour ...

The answer to the taste thing may be simple: sugar ...

M.

Back