Nature Show "Flowers"

P8214240.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D70 w/Pentacon Auto f:1.8/50 mm
DSC_0329-01.jpeg
DSC_0331-01.jpeg
DSC_0333-01.jpeg
DSC_0345-01.jpeg
Same flowers, different lens. This Pentacon Auto (a Biotar copy, with 6 elements in 4 groups) has a stuck aperture, so all pictures are @f:1.8 ISO400. The closest focusing distance on this lens is only 0.33 m, which is not bad.

These pictures are far from technically perfect, as they were shot at around 1/40th sec, on a windy night, weaving in and out of focus. Still quite pleasing to the eye, I think.

The NEFs were given 1.5 to 2 f:stops each of extra light in developing.

Attached: one D70 SooC "basic" Jpeg

Attachments

• DSC_0340.JPG
    DSC_0340.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Did here anything go wrong? I can't find any sharp spot in the pic. Or is it deliberate?
Hi Walter.

It looked sharp in the small screen of the laptop! The flower was moving about and the AF was readjusting constantly and I couldnā€™t work out at the time how to set a single AF point, so I missed it. Looked better before I cropped it (or just postcard size) I love the colours. Just learning how to use the camera at the moment. Itā€™s a case of being new to Canon and not knowing where things are at the moment. Slowly getting there!

Thanks for the welcome @Apollo T!

Hi Walter.

It looked sharp in the small screen of the laptop! The flower was moving about and the AF was readjusting constantly and I couldnā€™t work out at the time how to set a single AF point, so I missed it. Looked better before I cropped it (or just postcard size) I love the colours. Just learning how to use the camera at the moment. Itā€™s a case of being new to Canon and not knowing where things are at the moment. Slowly getting there!

Thanks for the welcome @Apollo T!
I like the the photo with its colours, it's a beautiful blossom with very nice stripes and hues. I was just wondering

Last edited:
Back