Nature Show "Flowers"

2020-08-07_18-59-00_528.jpg

No, I never had a Z50, but I wish I do : )
You know, you seem to have put together a really mightly impressive combo there with the Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 (if I'm not mistaken) and the Sony A6400, still one of the best compact ILCs in the market; the lens alone is a strong argument for staying within the E mount ecosystem! So there's really no immediate reason to crave a Z 50 ...

That said, I'm truely enjoying mine - you can't fault it for a compact, high-performance camera, and it's much nicer in the hand and in use than my Sony A6000. It put an end to my considerations of upgrading the Sony ...

@theoldsmithy Martin, is it possible you thought of Mike (Thai-Mike)?

M.

You know, you seem to have put together a really mightly impressive combo there with the Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 (if I'm not mistaken) and the Sony A6400, still one of the best compact ILCs in the market; the lens alone is a strong argument for staying within the E mount ecosystem! So there's really no immediate reason to crave a Z 50 ...

That said, I'm truely enjoying mine - you can't fault it for a compact, high-performance camera, and it's much nicer in the hand and in use than my Sony A6000. It put an end to my considerations of upgrading the Sony ...

@theoldsmithy Martin, is it possible you thought of Mike (Thai-Mike)?

M.
Having used many systems now I have finally accepted the fact that each has got their own strong point and unless I can have them all (which I still dream of), I'd better just keep the one I have.

Like many here I came from m43, as it was the most affordable and mature system before others caught up and went ahead. I settled with Sony for the lenses available and autofocus, but I truly love each system I've had, which has left me very curious about Nikon and Pentax.

About the 17-70 lens, the only two bad -ish things I've found are 1, bokeh can be a mixed bag and 2, AF isn't as "clever" as a Sony lens, neither of which are bad though, Dustin Abbott calls it "a system seller" in his review.

Last edited:
Back